Thread: Multi user and lock down to apartment for rent only?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Multi user and lock down to apartment for rent only?

We are developing a member based site for a landlord organization using WP and WishList member. So each member will have a WP profile and we want to give them the ability to add their vacant apartments to the website so the public can come and search for available units?

Can ClassiPress support multiple users adding listings from the dashboard then have the public search? Or would we need to manage two separate WP sites, one for membership and one for rentals?

Has anyone built a site like this? Are there other demos out there?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions or help!

CyberBob

Thanks

Re: Multi user and lock down to apartment for rent only?

If each person has their own login then there is no reason why they can't all place listings at the same time..Is there some reason why you want them to do this from the Dashboard when they could just use the "Post a Classified" button like any other user? (with the button text changed to something else).. And if you wanted to prevent other people (outside of the agents) posting listings using this method, then you could just set up the users in the Dashboard and have WP settings so that people cannot register themselves. Hope that all makes sense?

And yes, one of the mods also has a rental-related site http://spacespare.com/

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Multi user and lock down to apartment for rent only?

Thanks for the reply and let me clarify what you and I are saying.

I have a WP site locked down with WP Wishlist Member. If you want to join the organization you enter your info, paypal info and pay to become a member annually. This gives members access to private areas and visitors cannot. There are currently 150 members.

I want to give the paid members a way to post a for rent ad for their available properties for rent. As administrator I'd like to manage/limit the categories etc..

So can we add ClassiPress to the existing WP site and offer this to paid members only? Can they enter ads from the dashboard?

Or should we build a second WP site strictly for the for rent ads? If yes we'd like to sync username/password AND block the public from posting ads or disable the "Post a Classified"

The goal is a paid membership site where the members can post classified ads the public can view/search?

Maybe this confuses more but I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bob

Thread Information