Thread: multilingual

Unregistered

multilingual

hi, my question is can i use classipress to set up a website for 3 countries and also 3 languages. holland dutch,belgium dutch and french and france french. what i would like is if some users coming to the site from holland that they can choose dutch like theme strings language,i dont need for posts to be translate , just languages po.files. i know how translate ,but can you tell me how exactly i can set up that,then i can buy theme. i would like translate myself in french and dutch and i would live it english too. is that possible.

Thanks
    ClassiPress is not multi-language capable out of the box as it only allows the use of one translation .po file at a time. Although there are WordPress multi language plugins available, there are none which we can recommend which will work with our themes without additional customization. The other method by which you would achieve a similar setup would be to have multiple instances of the theme set up on a WordPress multisite network, however this too would also require additional customization for which we do not have tutorials for, and as it does require modification it is not officially supported (i.e. our support team would not be able to provide the "how to" of setting this kind of thing up). Thanks.

Thread Information