Thread: Multiple Blog Categories

Unregistered

Multiple Blog Categories

Is possible to set two or more blog categories?

I see in the demo an option to enter the Category ID, but does this variable behave like the WP_Query function?

For example, if I wanted three blog categories, I'd just seperate the three Category IDs with a comma. I.e. "2,3,6"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    I think you can. You can also create one main blog category and just create 3 child categories..
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    I don't want child categories however.

It's to do with the permalink structure - I want more than one parent category omitted from the classifields, for example:

www.mywebsite.com/blog/
    www.mywebsite.com/otherstuff
    www.mywebsite.com/evenmorestuff

If I created child categories then I'd be forced to do it like this:

www.mywebsite.com/blog/
    www.mywebsite.com/blog/otherstuff
    www.mywebsite.com/blog/evenmorestuff

The "otherstuff" and "evenmorestuff" categories would be un-blog related and therefore it wouldn't make sense to make them children of "blog"

Unregistered
    This works with other themes = so you'd have to check with the developer, but here's how I approach this when I need multiple blogs withing the site:

EX: www.mysite.com/blog
    www.mysite.com/news
    www.mysite.com/events

I open the theme files for the blog.php file - and then duplicate the blog file,renaming it news.php or events.php

Then you have to upload the file, register the file within the theme & you should see it in your dashboard when creating a new post.

The developer of ClassiPress theme can give you the specifics on how to achieve this with his theme.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    And it seems you don't have any problem with it since there are no encrypted files in Classipress and since you look like more of an experience coder I bet you can have it implemented with ease.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Mister Phes (started this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I open the theme files for the blog.php file - and then duplicate the blog file,renaming it news.php or events.php
    Thanks for the suggestion.

It sounds like you're creating a page template to display a particular category, which wouldn't actually have an affect over indvidual posts permalinks - although without actually seeing the ClassiPress PHP I could be mistaken.

The reason this is important is because I want to import an exisiting Wordpress database and keep the URLs intact for SEO reasons.

Thanks
    Does it works? I need this solution too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion.

It sounds like you're creating a page template to display a particular category, which wouldn't actually have an affect over indvidual posts permalinks - although without actually seeing the ClassiPress PHP I could be mistaken.

The reason this is important is because I want to import an exisiting Wordpress database and keep the URLs intact for SEO reasons.

Thread Information