Thread: multiple categories selection

Thanks

multiple categories selection

Hi

Is there a way when i set up a new plan that i can set the No of categories that plan allows a customer to list themselves under from the full list of categories

For example

Plan 1 would allow 1 category

Plan 2 would allow 2 categories

Plan 3 would allow 3 categories

etc etc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eventindustrynews For This Useful Post:

studio8 (September 15th, 2012)

Thanks
    Vantage does not currently have an option to allow listings to be placed in multiple categories, so this would not be possible with the default theme settings at this time. Our development team are investigating this matter further, but at this time we do not have any confirmed details as to when multiple category listings may be available for the theme. You can view what the available plan settings are available from the Vantage admin dashboard demo. Thanks.

Unregistered

any progress on the multiple category selection for listings

i would want to list me listings, for instance a kabob shack under both fast food category and ethnic category --- how can i do that with vantage

Thanks
    The next major feature release for Vantage is estimated for release early next year as per our theme release status page, and at this stage the multiple category selection is planned for implementation in that version. Thanks.

Unregistered
    With the planned multiple category selection implementation do you think it will be possible to set a preferred permalink category? For example, I've used a wordpress plugin before called "Hikari Category Permalink" (sadly this is no longer kept up to date) which allows the user to choose which category that appears in the url for the post.

Thanks
    The listings themselves currently do not include the category in the URL by default, so this would not likely change with the implementation of multi category selection. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi,

Wonder if the multiple categories selection feature is implemented. I will like to purchase Vantage if this feature is available.

Vantage Release status states that a new version was released on 4 Feb and a new one is due on 29 March. I tried the demo version online and found that I am not able select multiple categories.

Would appreciate it if I can be informed by email at (information removed for your security)

Thanks
    Last edited by pepsi; March 23rd, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks
    Multiple category selection has not been implemented yet which is why it is not available on the Vantage demo. This will be available in the next major release V1.2. We have also emailed our response as requested. Thanks.

Thread Information