Thread: Multiple Themes on one Domain - Admin Dashboard and other questions

Thanks

Multiple Themes on one Domain - Admin Dashboard and other questions

Hello, I have a client who wants to develop a community site that would include businesses, coupons (for the businesses), jobs, classifieds and display these businesses, coupons, jobs and classifieds. Want to build site in Wordpress. Do your themes support any payment gateways? Paypal? Authorize.net? Client wants member businesses to be able to register, pay and add listing data through the site.

Also, would one of your themes be sufficient to do all of the above? In alternative, we could install Wordpress in a sub-directory (ie. coupons) and then install the Coupon theme for that specific part of the site while using the root install for the front end site, blog and main pages. Same for classifieds... new sub-directory called classifieds, install Wordpress and run Classipress theme in that su-directory.

Is there a theme that will accomodate the business listing feature?

Do you have a common dashboard/admin panel so that a business could register, add a coupon and have their business listing and coupon displayed? The jobs and classifieds would be more for people in community. The coupons for member businesses.

The client is a chamber of commerce that wants to take their website to becoming the go-to website for their community while providing their member businesses a nice online listing and coupon functionality.

Any help/feedback or forum input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi lanehouk

I'll try to answer all of your questions...

1. We currently support PayPal (Standard and IPN) but will eventually include several other gateways.
    2a. No. Each theme has been developed with a specific purpose in mind.
    2b. Yes. You could use multiple installs of WordPress (one for each purpose/theme) or you could use the multisite features of WordPress to tie them all together.
    3. Yes, almost. Vantage is the new Business Directory theme that will be available shortly. You can check out our Theme Release Status page for updates.
    4. No. Each theme has a separate "back end". Although, multisite would make "single sign-on" possible.

I hope that I have helped.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thanks
    your client wants the same thing i want. I have done lots of thinking and planning for the site and i have decided it is very possible. I will be using only appthemes themes for this project. the only downside i see myself facing at this time is 2 things. First i will need to learn to have one header with all the themes. Second the users of the site are going to have multiple dashboards. So i will have to find a way to give them a all in one dashboard where they can handle classified listings, post jobs, and update coupons and business listings. I know this is going to be a big pain in the a** project but i cant wait to see the finished product. Good luck to you and your client.

Thread Information