Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payment Method

Thanks

Payment Method

Hi , please i need to know if you have any other payment method rather than paypal
    cause paypal is not supporting my country
    i can pay using credit card on any other payment gateway
    waiting your reply as soon as possible
    thanks

Thanks

Re: Payment Method

You can also pay with a credit card on the paypal site. Instead of logging in, look for a small link that says something like "pay with a credit card".

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hello,
    I want buy wpclassipress but I can't pay it. I don't have PayPal account (unfortunately, my country not yet supported by PayPal).
    I don't see any link on PayPal for pay with VISA card (early I see it when buying from other sites, now not appears that).
    Only available login and create a paypal account.

How can I pay wpclassipress?

Thank you

My English is bad, sorry :)

Thanks

We only accept PayPal and credit cards at this point. On the checkout page there should be a link for paying via a credit card. Are you sure you don't see anything?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I realy don't see it. Here is images from paypal checkout page.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2868/paypal01.th.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9...ypal02u.th.jpg

Do you enable that option in paypal?
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... nt-outside

Thanks

bg3maj - In your 2nd image, there is a dropdown list to choose the country. Is your country not listed?
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

PayPal doesn't support my country (Serbia). Not listed in dropdown country list.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Similar case in Costa Rica: For some reason PayPal only allows me to withdraw money to a USA bank from here. It would be a tax nightmare, and it would be unnecessary, as all my costumers are in Costa Rica as well.

After people create their ads, instead of going to Paypal, I would need them redirected to a local banking solution, enter their credit card info, get a confirmation, and it would take care of redirecting to my classified ads to continue where PayPal would had have them continue, sending whatever parameters are needed.

At this point this is the only doubt keeping me from buying.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

alf

Thanks

What are common methods in your countries to pay for things online? PayPal is the most widespread which is why it's built into ClassiPress. That's really ashame that they don't allow it to be used in some places.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    What are common methods in your countries to pay for things online? PayPal is the most widespread which is why it's built into ClassiPress. That's really ashame that they don't allow it to be used in some places.
    Hi dcowgill, thanks for replying.

According to https://www.paypal.com/worldwide I'm in one of the few unlucky countries where withdrawing can only be made to a US bank account and not to a credit card account, a local bank or by a check (along with Dominican Republic, South Africa and Venezuela). So sorry to bug you with a problem probably no one else will have to work with.

What we normally do is build our websites up to the the point you would redirect to Paypal like ClassiPress does, but instead redirect to a local bank. Their payment page is a lot like paypal's pay by credit card section, they have an eCommerce system that basically requires me to send them there with a couple parameters in the URL, so I would need to change that in my copy of ClassiPress. I would basically have two questions prior to buying.

1. My approach would be editing the Final Step of ClassiPress's ad post process so instead of going to PayPal, it goes to my bank where costumers enter their credit card details. I wonder if I can edit the address where it goes at that point, can I do that?

2. After they pay (I haven't actually bought an ad on any ClassiPress page, but I guess Paypal sends confirmation to a determined page where you show the success of the transaction and the ad gets submitted or a variable is updated showing it was paid for). My bank can redirect to that page as well if it exists, sending whatever parameters you currently get from paypal after the transaction. If there is no such thing, I can simply send to the bank redirection string the ad ID so I manually verify which ads have been paid for on the bank's site, and update whatever needs to be updated in the database.

I'm more concerned about question 1, it could be a show stopper if it is hard coded to go to paypal. On question 2, I can figure out what to do. I do have some PHP experience, but I'd have to see the code myself to find out if it can be done. I don't want to buy and the find out it will not work for me, so any clues will be welcome.

If I get things working somehow, I'll be more than happy to assist others on the forum when they stumble into this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information