Thread: Pictures

Future Buyer

Pictures

Good Evening-

I had a couple of pre-sale questions..

1. On the listing page (please reference: vantage/listings/)

-Can I adjust the picture size to be fullwidth through a child theme. I want to use this more as a portfolio feature... and pictures mean everything.

-Can I make this a slider instead of a lightbox pop-up?

2. Is there a limit to the amount of photos a user can upload? I assume this option is under the custom form builder?

3. My listings require multiple categories (cities). Is this an option under the registration form? It looks like there is only one category available under the drop down.
    (please reference : vantage/create-listing/)

- I do notice an additional drop down menu / "specialities" field shows up when I select "American" under categories... where dose this apply?

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. In terms of customizing the default theme, yes it can definitely be done as there is no encryption which would prevent you from doing so, and we absolutely recommend the use of a use of a child theme in order to retain those modifications in the process of an update. You can find useful information relating to this in the AppThemes developer center.

2. There is no specific image number setting in the Vantage admin dashboard, and the default number attached to listings is 5 images. You'd need to modify code to change this as the custom form builder does not include image options.

3. Version 1.2 of Vantage will allow multiple category selection (this is not an option in the current stable version or demo site). Vantage v1.2 is currently in the public beta testing stage so is due for release soon. The sub category drop down appears under the "American category option and you'll see see from the demo site when you look at the American listings, that those sub categories appear as "Listed in", but are not additional to, as such. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the quick reply-

When should we be expecting 1.2?

Will a demo be available soon? Multiple Categories is holding me back... I would like to see this in action.

Thanks
    Typically, the final release can be made anywhere from 2-4 weeks after the beta testing has begun, so unless there are some major issues discovered during this time we would hope to have it available in the next couple of weeks (as an estimate). We will announce it officially once it's available and the demo site will be updated at that time too. Thanks.

Thread Information