Thread: Plugins, Private messaging, emails addresses hidden???

Unregistered

Plugins, Private messaging, emails addresses hidden???

Hi,

a)I was having a look on your admin section and was wondering where if i needed to enable a plugin i could do this?

B) Also, i would like to be able to not let either users who upload their resumes to the site or employers who post a job to be able to communicate via each others email
    The reason being, i wish them to logon to my Jobroller site and PRIVATE MESSAGE each other.
    So can i disable or hide a users email address and is private messaging a feature on this site?

Kind regards,

Thanks
    JobRoller doesn't include any private messaging options by default, however there are plugins such as Envolve Chat which allow this kind of functionality. Plugins are installed onto the theme just like any other WordPress plugin, in the "Plugins" part of the WordPress admin dashboard (you don't see this in the AppThemes demo sites purely because of permissions, but it will be visible in a standard installation). To clarify though, AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins so we cannot guarantee that all such plugins will be compatible with our themes.

The job listing pages include an "Apply Online" link by default which allows job seekers to apply for jobs which is sent as an email to the employer. You would need to make some modifications to the default theme files if you were looking to remove this from the site as there are no settings for this in the JobRoller admin dashboard. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks very much for your reply

I simply want to mask the email address of my members from Employers not get rid all together. Because if the employers can see my members email addresses then they can simply contact outside my site and my site is no longer a vibrant community

Thanks

Thanks
    You're welcome. Currently if a job seeker applies for a job then yes the employer will see their email address in the correspondence. Once they reply, the job seeker will also have the employers email address, so yes you'd need to customize the theme if you did not want this to occur. Thanks.

Thread Information