Thread: Is it possible to hide Classipress name in source code? Don't want my competitors to

Unregistered

Is it possible to hide Classipress name in source code? Don't want my competitors to

Hi Appthemes

I would like to know if I can make your Classipress anonymous. Meaning I have a great concept that I want to build on Classipress. But we all know that there are enough people out there that are willing to steal a good idea so I want to protect my idea/business as best as I can. Therefore I do not want my competitors - or others who visit my site for that matter - to know 1) I have built the site using wordpress 2) the theme is Classipress.

I think that being able to hide the wordpress and classipress "identity" will be one of the best ways to prevent others from exploiting an idea that is originally yours. I am fully aware that the idea can still be copied but not by everybody and it will take time. So I will still have some advantages being a few steps ahead.

Hope it is possible

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I believe you cannot completely hide the source code but you can just rename some folders or files with obvious reference to Classipress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information