Thread: Possible to Upload CV as Job Seeker?

huwrowlands

Possible to Upload CV as Job Seeker?

Hi,

I have tried out the demo as a jobseeker and I can see that it is possible to upload a CV (PDF/Word etc) when applying for a job.

But is at all possible to be able to upload a CV when filling out the Profile? Or is there some way I can code this feature in? I have WP skills.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Yes you can modify the theme the way you want it since the files are not encrypted.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the quick response.

One more query on this subject:

Once the CV is uploaded as a PDF/Word etc, would the admin of the website be able to view and/or download the CV?
    And then edit the CV and re-upload it??

( Basically, I need the ability to view a Job Seeker's CV (PDF or Word), download it to my PC, edit where necessary and then re-upload it. )

Thanks

Thanks
    No, because when the job seeker uses the "Apply Online" function and sends in their application with the files attached, the email goes directly to the job lister. As the admin you can choose in the JobRoller admin settings whether or not to receive a copy of the email via bcc (which will include the files). The only way you could intercept these would be if you were the job author and therefore applications would go to you.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the reply.

What my client wants is to remove the Register page, and only allow job seekers to post their cv to the site. They will handle the applications before getting in touch with the job lister.

So, it is possible if I do the above?

Thanks
    At the end of the day, if you have the coding knowledge to customize the theme, then yes it is possible to make whatever changes you wish to make. What you describe is not how the theme works by default however.

Thread Information