Thread: Posting Ad Restricted to User Group

Unregistered

Posting Ad Restricted to User Group

Is it possible to set up Classipress so that posting listings are free based on a WP User Group?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    You can use a Role Manager plugin to restrict access to the posting page or you can hard code with "if user" statement in the ad posting form. Some Classipress users are already implementing such.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Many thanks for the quick reply jomarkosabe. Sounds like it will do what I want.

One other question please. I am thinking about using it for an international real estate listing site. So I will have a custom form / fields set up for property type = villa, apartment, house. Is it possible to add this custom field to the filter by drop down - like is being done with the category on the demo site.

Thanks
    Bob

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    The demo is done through a category and so your property type fields can be done the same. You can also create custom fields with Classipress if you want to add additional forms/fields for the listing.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Does anyone have an example they could share for hard-coding an "if user" statement in the ad posting form? I'm trying to offer free listings for a specific user group. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonlogic View Post
    Does anyone have an example they could share for hard-coding an "if user" statement in the ad posting form? I'm trying to offer free listings for a specific user group. Any help would be appreciated
    Could you please start a new thread in the ClassiPress Mods & Tutorials forum for this, as this section is for pre-sales questions only. Thanks :)

Thread Information