Thread: Pre-Purchase Questions (Taxonomies / Submit A Job / Appearance)

Unregistered

Pre-Purchase Questions (Taxonomies / Submit A Job / Appearance)

Hi there,

Congratulations on JobRoller - looks like an excellent theme, currently a lead contender for my dollar (up against the 'Listings' by Woo Themes).

So a few pre-purchase questions (re: Standard Edition, opposed to Developer):

GENERAL
    - Is it possible to create new custom taxonomies for jobs?

SECTION/ SUBMIT A JOB
    - Is it possible to disable google maps?
    - Is it possible to customise the text/instructions - I see you can do it for jobseekers - what about advertisers?

APPEARANCE
    - Is it possible to upload a custom header and/or custom background? These options don't seem to be available under the 'Appearance' tab.

I'm a user not a coder, so I'm hoping there are easy solutions for the above.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    Hi,

There is no built in feature to create new custom taxonomies from the back end.You will need to modify the theme's code or use a third party plugin.JobRoller already uses the job types, job salaries and job categories custom taxonomies.

Submit a job

1.No it isn't, there is no option to disable it.
    2.All the text/strings can be changed through the language pack.Can you give an example of a text you want to change?

Appearance

At the moment you can only upload a logo image from the back end of JobRoller.There are plans to make the theme compatible with the new features of WordPress 3.4.
    Again if you need to add a custom background/image you can modify the theme's files.

Let me know if you have more questions about the theme.

Unregistered

Thanks...

...appreciate the quick and detailed reply.

Keep up the great work :)

Thread Information