Thread: Pre sale question regarding location

Unregistered

Pre sale question regarding location

I am very interested in buying the Classipress theme but the one question keeping me from buying it is whether or not I can make the site like craigslist.org where the user can view the site based on their location. so like maybe the user selects the location straight from the the homepage and then items and featured items are shown based on the location. Is something like this possible? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    No option on this out of the box and will require code customization to implement. One workaround is to install an instance of wordpress/classipress for each location and just use the main domain for the locations listings that points to each install. This is just tedious to maintain though specially if you have a lot of locations.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    What kind of coding would this would be require? My coding skills are limited but I would give it a shot if its not too hard. Does AppThemes offer any kind of help or services in this area? The theme is perfect for a what a need but this is just really holding me off on buying it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    This will require additional php function of which I believe is already an advanced programming stuff. However, there are community certified partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ that you may contact for customization works.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information