Thread: Pre sale questions

Unregistered

Pre sale questions

Hello i am looking to purchase the basic classipress package and had much questions before i do. I want a site that is like craigslist so users can post ads for free but i can charge for certain posts and sponser ad types etc. Im wondering if this site will be able to be seen by anyone in the united states and see only ads in ther city etc and not see another citys ads? I would like to have lots of sponsered ads images and text on the front page is this possible and to be able to charge for that also. Finally what else would i need in total to run this website? Domain name etc?

Thanks
    ClassiPress has a few pricing options: Fixed price per ad, price per category, % of sellers ad price, & only charge for featured ads. None of these are exactly what you describe in that you can't specify charges only for certain features of an ad apart from being featured, so you can if you want, offer free ads and charge for it to appear in the featured ads slider. ClassiPress does not function like craigslist in terms of posting in a specific city page. A similar result can be achieved with the use of a WordPress multisite setup and some additional customization, however it is not a feature of the theme.

There are default advertising spaces which are configurable from the ClassiPress admin dashboard for the header and single ad pages, as well as a widget for the sidebar you can also use for advertising. Also, in the AppThemes marketplace you can purchase an optional plugin to allow more ad spaces, called Ad Stuffer if you did not wish to do the customization yourself.

The theme purchase includes just the theme itself, not hosting or a domain name. How much you pay for those will ultimately depend on who you sign up with. On this topic, you could save 50% off the price of your theme purchase if you sign up with one of our preferred WordPress hosting partners and meet the promo requirements, so you may like to check those out. Thanks.

Thread Information