Thread: Pre Sale Questions

Thanks

Pre Sale Questions

1. Can some categories be free and other categories be charged for paid ads?

2. Can different pricing be charged for different categories? For example, you will want to charge more for a property or car ad than a second hand goods ad.

3. Will notification emails be sent out to advertiser to renew when their ad is about to expire?

4. Can we have a private messaging system like vbulletin for ad posters and viewers to communicate? This will reduce spam problem and increase return traffic.

5. Can subcategories menu appear in a sidebar on an ad page?

Thanks

Re: Pre Sale Questions

1. The next release due out in a few weeks will support this.
    2. The next release due out in a few weeks will support this too. You can price based on a % of the sellers item price.
    3. Not at this time but it's on the roadmap for a future release.
    4. There might be a wordpress plugin to do something like this but it's not built into classipress.
    5. Yes. You can add a widget to do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Success
    4. Can we have a private messaging system like vbulletin for ad posters and viewers to communicate? This will reduce spam problem and increase return traffic.
    Not sure if this is what you need but give it a shot. It integrates tightly with WP and has many features. Some people complain of its performance but I'm not convinced...maybe I'm just easy to please ;)

Here's the link to SimplePress:
    http://simplepressforum.com/

Thanks

Yeah, I've tried simpleforum and really liked it....except for the performance issue. That's why I ended up using phpBB for this site.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

hi,

I am currently working on project which requires to integrate wordpress with zencart and looking for "easy" way to add classified ads functionality to the site.

It is quite difficult task for me, as I am just a quite experienced user, not developer ;)

Is there a way to get some kind of "trial" version of your product, so I could test it before buy? As I am not sure if your theme is compatible with wordpress integrated with zencart.

Integration is based on wordpress 2.7.0, default theme. Wordpress page is just displayed inside zencart webpage.

thanks.

Thanks

Hi, there is no trial version currently available and I've never actually tried it either so I can't be 100% sure it will work and I'm also not familiar with zencart. I did a quick search and found one plugin that does some integration.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/zen ... tegration/

So would this integration just be of the registration systems leveraging WordPress? It might get confusing adding all three together (wordpress, classipress, and zencart) and be a headache too when trying to upgrade one or all of them.

Thanks

Can you elaborate on the widget to show subcategories mean in a sidebar?

Thanks

It's the standard WordPress categories widget that you'd place in the sidebar. You can make it expanded or a dropdown. All categories including sub-categories will appear there. Check out the new 2.9 demo to see how the categories look on the pages.

Thread Information