Thread: Pre-sale questions

Omaru

Pre-sale questions

Hi,

I'm highly interested in purchasing Classipress but first, I just want to get answers for a few questions.

1. How can I export Ad Categories because setting them up from time to time is a lot of work to do (In case I won't be able to renew a 1 year license for the theme updates)?
    2. How can I back up theme settings so that theme settings will be intact and won't be change even if there's an update.
    3. How can I remove the map on the single ad page or change their order and make the "Ad Poster" tab the first tab.

Thank you so much for your time. More power!

Best regards,

Omaru

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. You can use the native WordPress exporter which will be in the admin dashboard as with any other WordPress theme :)

2. You can find plugins for this purpose if you're looking to back up your site, but generally, you shouldn't expect to lose your settings in the process of an update (a backup is still recommended)

3. If you don't want the map to appear on ad listing pages, you can create a custom listing form which doesn't include location fields, then the map won't appear. Thanks.

Unregistered

Ad Categories

Thanks for the quick response pepsi. However, I have read somewhere that in the native exporter tool of Wordpress, only Posts, Pages, Ads and Orders are the only ones available to be exported and "Ad Categories" is not present.

Omaru

Ad Categories

Hi pepsi, I hope you can clarify this thing. I hope that Ad Categories will also show up as an option at the native "Export" tool of Wordpress. I am ready to buy Classipress anytime. :) Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    "Ads" are a custom post type, and ad categories are found under this, so they will be exported, but obviously if you're trying to then import the file into a standard non ClassiPress theme, that theme won't necessarily recognize these. Thanks.

Thread Information