Thread: Pre Sale Questions: Vantage Theme

Unregistered

Pre Sale Questions: Vantage Theme

I am currently a disappointed user of Directory Press who is experiencing multiple issues which are making me consider switching to AppThemes. Could you answer a few questions for me to help me decide if this is the better solution for me?

1) I have a CSV file containing over 7,500 businesses and their associated location information. I do not have the email addresses for each business. I would like to be able to import this list into the Vantage theme and be able to make these listings claimable by users as they discover them. Is that possible without having the email addresses of each listing?

2) My directory will be nationwide. Is it possible to easily organize and display/sort listings by State?

3) Are there advanced search capabilities that a user could filter their search results by State?

4) Can a large splash slider area be added to the home page to graphically showcase Featured Listings?

5) If I purchase the $99 edition of Vantage theme but later find I need the Developer package for the PSD file, can I easily upgrade?

Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    No problem, we hope we can help with your dilemma :) In answer to your questions:

1) The information required to allow for listings to be imported successfully via .csv does not include the email address, so you can import business data if it is also accompanied by actual listing data (although please note the geocode request limit imposed by Google maps).

2) Vantage does not currently include filters by region by default (outside of the use of the actual search tool), however you can find a Multi city plugin in the AppThemes marketplace which will extend the theme to allow a location specific filter which may give you the functionality you are looking for.

3) Further to what is mentioned in the answer above, you can search by location using the "near" search field, and within those results you will have the option to refine the search by distance, as seen on the Vantage demo site here.

4) You can certainly customize the theme in order to change the way it looks by default if you wish. You can find some nice examples of what some other customers have done with Vantage in the AppThemes customer showcase.

5) Yes you can upgrade between the license types easily, paying only the difference between the two.

Thread Information