Thread: pre-sales questions

Unregistered

pre-sales questions

1. Child Themes. I did some research and it seemed to confirm child themes are available. Please confirm and discuss any limitations that may be involved.
    2. Is there a limit to the number of pages that are added?
    3. Can CAPTRA be disabled and have an admin approve coupon postings instead?
    4. What is the level of flexibility with color changes and logo updates?
    5. If I buy this product what is the level of support that it comes with?
    6. How many employees does your company employ and how many are on the tech support staff?
    7. Can voting be disabled? or approved to make sure it is not spam?
    8. How do you integrate with other sites? Is there a feed or a csv conversion?
    9. If I buy your product what is the level of support I can expect?

Thanks In Advance!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. The theme supports child theme but no child theme is included in the package. However, there are available commercial child themes that you may buy from users and other third party coders.
    2. Being a wordpress theme, Clipper can definitely scale up even with a number of pages. It just boils down to how much the server specs can handle.
    3. Recaptcha can be disabled through the Classipress admin settings. Likewise, there is an option in the admin settings to manually approve submitted coupons.
    4. You can upload the logo through the admin likewise you have five color scheme to chose from of which still can be set through the admin settings.
    5. You'll get support for life of which is done through the forum.
    6. You may check it through this page http://www.appthemes.com/about/.
    7. No option on this yet but this can be done through code customization. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified according to your requirements. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you. Appthemes also have certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ that you may contact for customization jobs.
    8. Clipper includes an importer facility which allows you to import content from other systems via a CSV (comma-separated values) file.
    9. The same as No. 5.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

Pre-sales questions

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    1. The theme supports child theme but no child theme is included in the package. However, there are available commercial child themes that you may buy from users and other third party coders.
    2. Being a wordpress theme, Clipper can definitely scale up even with a number of pages. It just boils down to how much the server specs can handle.
    3. Recaptcha can be disabled through the Classipress admin settings. Likewise, there is an option in the admin settings to manually approve submitted coupons.
    4. You can upload the logo through the admin likewise you have five color scheme to chose from of which still can be set through the admin settings.
    5. You'll get support for life of which is done through the forum.
    6. You may check it through this page http://www.appthemes.com/about/.
    7. No option on this yet but this can be done through code customization. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified according to your requirements. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you. Appthemes also have certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ that you may contact for customization jobs.
    8. Clipper includes an importer facility which allows you to import content from other systems via a CSV (comma-separated values) file.
    9. The same as No. 5.
    Thanks for the answers above. I have just a couple more quick ones.

1. Can the doctype be easily changed to html5 with a child theme in header.php?
    2. What level of documentation is there and are there any tutorials for Clipper other than the basic "Getting Started" and the child theme tutorials?
    3. Is the only difference between the developer and standard editions the psd files for an extra $60?

Unregistered
    The second set of questions posted have never been addressed.
    Quite disturbing that these simple questions can go for one week without being answered. I now know the answer to the first is yes, but have found that the docs are pretty much MIA. My client bought this package because of frustration with a competitor's coupon package, but the same support issues seem to happen here. I find questions in the main forum that are 3 months old and never addressed. And some of them are about some pretty basic functionality issues that I also am encountering.

Thread Information