Thread: My Pre-Sales Questions

Thanks

My Pre-Sales Questions

I am trying to determine how suitable ClassiPress would be for a real estate marketplace. I realize there are specialized real estate scripts on the market, but I think CP has alot of untapped potential. When you have a moment, perhaps you could answer a few questions for me.

I notice CP has nested categories capability. Is category aliasing also currently possible? I would like site users to be able to start browsing by location category or property type category and then optionally refine the returned ads further by nested location category or property type category. For example, someone searching for castles could visit a link for the property type "castles" and be shown all castles listed regardless of location and further refine this list by choosing a nested location category. Alternatively, the site user could begin their search by browsing a particular location category and then refine the returned ads by choosing the property type category for castles.

I also see CP allows the creation of custom field types. Could an advanced search form be implemented that searches post values provided within these custom fields? For example, were I to create custom fields for the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, building square footage, and property size, could an advanced search option be made available to site guests that would allow them to search these fields?

Would it be possible to provide a thumbnail in addition to a link description under the Top Posts of the Day?

There are plugins available for WP that allow favorite posts to be saved. Is there some way that this could be implemented through CP with a cookie so site registration is not required?

How about a way to display a thumbnail summary of recently viewed posts in the navigation bar or near the page footer?

Individual category newsfeeds option (e.g., locations, property types, location+category, etc.)?

Any way to set up CP to automatically give away a certain number of free posts within categories that have no existing posts?

Could unique category information be displayed within the nav bar when a user visits a specific category (e.g., location data such as population.) Since WP is a blogging platform, it seems like this should be possible.

I am sorry for the barrage of questions, and really appreciate any time you are able to spend helping me better assess the capabilities of ClassiPress. It is my hope that CP would be a good choice for my purposes. I have my fingers crossed.

Thank you in advance.
    Save 25% on any new hosting account at HostGator by taking a bite out of your bill with the coupon code: ALLIGATORS

Thanks

Re: My Pre-Sales Questions

ClassiPress would work for real estate listings but some of your requirements are a bit much for WordPress which is the engine that powers it. I wish WordPress had pivot tables like craigslist so you could narrow down your search scope.

You've got lots of other great questions/requirements but you'll need a developer to do the sort of custom work since CP doesn't provide it out of the box.

Thread Information