Thread: pre sales questions

Unregistered

pre sales questions

I like the look of your vantage theme but before I committ to pruchasing I have a few questions.

I live in New Zealand and I have an idea for a local business directory that I want to develop in my home city.

Can you plse answer the following

1. I want to build my directory in my home city but eventually want to expand to every city and town in NZ, will this theme allow that
    2. I need prospective listing clients to be able to edit their own listings for example updating weekly specials/discounts/incentives, does this theme cater for this?
    3. If a listing business is offering a discount can a vistor to the site print out a coupon for that business and present it to claim the discount, or display the coupon on their smart phone in the store?
    4. Until my site gathers momentum (listings/visitors), the listings will be free, but eventually I will want to charge businesses to list or remain on my site, is this acheivable with the vantage theme
    5. My directory will list many businesses so I will need to have a comprehensive catergory menu on the from page with the ability to add catergories as I build the site, some catergories will have subcatergories as well, does the theme cater for this?

Look forward to your reply

Thanks

Thanks
    Greetings also from New Zealand :) In answer to your questions:

1. If you're specifically wanting to create subdomains for various regions similar to what you see on this site from our customer showcase, then you may like to look into a WordPress multisite setup. The theme itself can manage various locations within the same country on the one installation, but you'd need to use the search specifically to find those listings.

2. Clients can edit their own listings, so if you wish to allow them the ability to edit the listing description or create a field specifically for offers then they can. The theme itself doesn't have a coupons/offers feature for businesses as such though.

3. Vantage does not offer this functionality by default, so it would require customization on your part if you were looking to add this to the theme. AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes.

4. Yes, you can create paid of free listing plans whenever you like.

5. The theme uses the native WordPress categories functionality, so you can add/remove/edit categories and subcategories as you wish. Thanks.

Thread Information