Thread: Pre-sales questions: customisations, user groups (back-end), etc.

Unregistered

Pre-sales questions: customisations, user groups (back-end), etc.

We’re seriously considering purchasing Job Roller, but wanted to clarify the following:

Can Job Roller be installed as a dedicated, stand-alone website as I don’t have a WP website?

Can I create different user groups (user names/passwords) with different privileges (upload and edit jobs only) for recruiters to login and manage their accounts?

Do you offer a turnkey installation on our domain and server (since we’ve never done this before?)

Can we customise colors (beyond the 5 you offer) and remove the miles search feature (front end)?

Please advise

Thanks
    JobRoller is a WordPress Theme, and therefore requires an installation of WordPress to run. You can get an idea of how it looks from the front and back end, by checking out the JobRoller Demo and JobRoller Admin Demo.

Manually yes you can give people different permissions, but ideally this would be determined during registration on the site, which is why this feature will be introduced in JobRoller v1.3 (Job Seekers and Job Poster logins).

No, we don't, however the installation instructions are step by step, and we can provide assistance in the forums. Alternatively, if you're not entirely comfortable with installing WordPress or JobRoller, then you can check out our Certified Partners page for these services for hire.

Yes, the theme is not encrypted, so you can ultimately customize the theme to suit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    JobRoller is a WordPress Theme, and therefore requires an installation of WordPress to run. You can get an idea of how it looks from the front and back end, by checking out the JobRoller Demo and JobRoller Admin Demo.

Manually yes you can give people different permissions, but ideally this would be determined during registration on the site, which is why this feature will be introduced in JobRoller v1.3 (Job Seekers and Job Poster logins).

No, we don't, however the installation instructions are step by step, and we can provide assistance in the forums. Alternatively, if you're not entirely comfortable with installing WordPress or JobRoller, then you can check out our Certified Partners page for these services for hire.

Yes, the theme is not encrypted, so you can ultimately customize the theme to suit.
    Thanks for the super-fast reply!

User Permissions/User Groups
    When you say "Manually yes you can give people different permissions..." does this mean for every new employer that registers you would have to enter the back-end and assign a series of user permissions (manually)?

When is JobRoller v1.3 due for release?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    For the theme release status you may check it here WordPress Theme Release Status | AppThemes .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the super-fast reply!

User Permissions/User Groups
    When you say "Manually yes you can give people different permissions..." does this mean for every new employer that registers you would have to enter the back-end and assign a series of user permissions (manually)?

When is JobRoller v1.3 due for release?

Thanks
    What I mean is, right now if a customer registers on your JobRoller site, regardless of whether or not they want to be a job poster or job seeker, there is only one option in the WP admin in terms of an overall default set of new user permissions. No manual input is required if you're happy for everyone to have the same access (default role is "Contributor").

So if right now, with this version (JR 1.2) you wanted 2 different permissions types, then you would have to manually change the users signon from the back end...but even then you wouldn't really know what kind of user they were unless they told you.

Hope that makes sense ;)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    What I mean is, right now if a customer registers on your JobRoller site, regardless of whether or not they want to be a job poster or job seeker, there is only one option in the WP admin in terms of an overall default set of new user permissions. No manual input is required if you're happy for everyone to have the same access (default role is "Contributor").

So if right now, with this version (JR 1.2) you wanted 2 different permissions types, then you would have to manually change the users signon from the back end...but even then you wouldn't really know what kind of user they were unless they told you.

Hope that makes sense ;)
    Thanks for your prompt reply Pepsi.

I'm a little confused as I can't find (on the back-end demo) the feature that has user privileges/permissions that I can select.

Correct me if I am wrong...

So if a candidate registers and an employer registers both have the same front-end permissions to upload jobs?

What solution do you suggest we use to allow an employer to upload jobs?
    We manually register them ourselves and then assign user permissions (to upload jobs)?

BROWSE BY LOCATION
    On the home page (front-end) demo there are a few categories to browse by. Can we add LOCATION?

Thanks Pepsi!

Thanks
    Setting up users and handling permissions is not a ClassiPress specific feature, it's a standard WordPress function. If you already have a hosting account, perhaps it might be a good idea for you to install WordPress and get a little familiar with that first, then you'll have a better idea about how these kinds of functions work. I think it would give you a good feel for how easily it can be managed.

So if a candidate registers and an employer registers both have the same front-end permissions to upload jobs?
    Yes, this is correct, they have the same access and can both post (not upload) jobs.

What solution do you suggest we use to allow an employer to upload jobs?
    We manually register them ourselves and then assign user permissions (to upload jobs)?
    You don't need to do anything. If someone registers, and wants to post a job, they will have sufficient permissions to post their own job. It just means that someone who is visiting your site and decides to register as well, they also have those permissions at present. (This is why the future version will have the 2 sign in types available, to differentiate these types of users)

On the home page (front-end) demo there are a few categories to browse by. Can we add LOCATION?
    There is already a search field for location in the main search bar, so if you are referring to adding it to the filter on the right-hand sidebar, yes you could potentially do this, but it would take some customization on your part.

Thread Information