Thread: Presale Questions - Zip Search - Multiple Ratings - Distance

Unregistered

Presale Questions - Zip Search - Multiple Ratings - Distance

Few questions before purchase. We are building a directory for our charity of medical centers.

1. The search box, what can you all search for or what is the search based on? Tags, text? It may be more useful to select a category and then enter your location. Is this possible? Other wise a category would only work for one location such as chicago.

2. Are you able to create multiple ratings? Such as Overall, Price, Usability, etc?

3. When I search vegan, granite city, nothing comes up? Same for restaurant, granite city.

4. When I search korean, 63121 or restaurant, 63121 nothing comes up? The search on the home page doesn't seem to work at all?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. If you are referring to the Vantage default search from, yes it can search based on the listing's description, title, tags and etc. On other hand, putting a category selection on the search form is possible but will require code customization.

1. The search box, what can you all search for or what is the search based on? Tags, text? It may be more useful to select a category and then enter your location. Is this possible? Other wise a category would only work for one location such as chicago.
    2. No option on this yet and would still require code customization to implement. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified according to your requirements. Implementation just depends on your coding skills or you can just hire a coder to do it for you. Appthemes also have certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ that can be contacted for customization jobs.

2. Are you able to create multiple ratings? Such as Overall, Price, Usability, etc?

3-4. I have tested the demo search form using the "granite city" as keyword on the location field and it shows listings near to it.

3. When I search vegan, granite city, nothing comes up? Same for restaurant, granite city.

4. When I search korean, 63121 or restaurant, 63121 nothing comes up? The search on the home page doesn't seem to work at all?
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information