Thread: PreSales Questions

Keen buyer!!

PreSales Questions

Hi there

I'd just like to find out a few things about ClassiPress before I go ahead and purchase the theme...

1. How do some of the listings become "featured" > on the scroller at the top? and is there an option to have free listings for 90 days and $X to be a featured listing for 14 days?

2. If a seller decides they no longer want to sell an item how do they remove the item?

3. After the advertising period of i.e. 90 days, does the advert automatically delete itself?

4. How many adverts can each user have?

5. Can I turn PayPal off?

6. How many images can a user upload per item?

7. The "sexy-bookmarks" at the bottom of each listings page, do these come as standard?

8. Do you have an image / link to the post an item page?

9. On the side of each listings photo you've got "city" > "expires" -- Can these be changed to show just "City" "Area" "Listed" "Expires" - as I'm doing a local classifieds website in the UK and have no need for the other fields?

Many thanks

Justin

Thanks
    You can offer the featured listing and charge for them whereas the listing itself is free. The customer would have the option to check the "featured" option while listing the ad. The listing period however would be the same as the featured listing period (unless you manually uncheck the featured option).

If an item is sold the seller has the option to pause an ad, then it won't show up anymore. Or they can decide to mark it sold and leave the ad alive (as some kind of advertising).

If you check "prune ads" the ad would be unpublished after it has expired (not deleted though).

There is no limit for ads.

You are not forced to offer paypal and can turn it off.

You can allow up to 8 images (and with a small modification you could also allow more)

sexy-bookmarks is included but you can switch it off if you don't want it.

Post an item is a three step procedure. You could check out the theme demo Demo Center | AppThemes

You are free to remove all unwanted fields and create fields that suit your needs. You can hide the "expired field" via CSS.
    Hope this helps ..

Unregistered
    Thank you Bluecafe for your help.

You've answered my questions clearly.

Justin

Unregistered
    Hi Bluecafe,

Language packs, are these avaliable from AppThemes? If so..

1. Is there a cost
    2. What languages are avaliable
    3. Are they easy to implement
    4. Once another language has been added, how will the user be able to change the language?

---------

Also

1. Is there a mobile version of ClassiPress, i.e iPhone etc?
    2. Is there a way of allowing all new posts to be automatically added to a twitter feed and a Facebook New Feed?
    3. Is there an option to some how display the total number of adverts listed say next to the words "Ad Categories" on the homepage?
    4. The words "Ad Categories" etc - I presume all these can be changed within the .php code itself?

Thank you again!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1-2. No additional cost for language pack. You may check the available language pack here ClassiPress | AppThemes.

3. There are instruction on how to implement such.

4. If you want to implement multi-language there are some plugins you can use for that.

Also.

1. No mobile version yet but there's a plugin that can do just that.
    2. Again plugins. It can also be custom coded.
    3. Yes, it is on the classipress admin settings.
    4. Yes you can have it changed.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your help.

Unregistered

@Jomarkosabel : mobile version plugin?

@Jomarkosabel
    what is the best wordpress plugin for the mobile version?
    any advice ?

Thanks
    The only plugin I recall reference to in these forums is WPTouch, but I don't know if it's 100% compatible.. might involve some tweaking to get it to work correctly..

escapet
    The ads are properly being pruned after they expire.

But how long will the old ads remain in the User's Dashboard showing as "Expired" or "Offline"?

Maybe this is by design, and I understand leaving them in their for a period of time so that the user can "Relist". Is there a way to have them completely removed after 60-90 days? Or at least include a "Delete" button for the user?

If not, it would be nice to have them tabbed. One tab for "Live", another for "Expired".

Unregistered

City and Country Support

Does Classipress support all countries or are there restrictions in some continents like Africa? I browsed through the demo and the city field listed only US Cities. Can this field be deactivated or not?

Thank you.

Thread Information