Thread: product notifications

Thanks

product notifications

i'm thinking about installing classipress to my site. but, i have a couple questions before i buy..

1. can i pay to have this app properly installed on my site and is there anyone who can help tailor the site so that it looks like part of my site and not something i just threw in? i ask this because i'm new to wordpress and i have a deadline to meet.
    2. can users subscribe to products or categories (multiple) that would generate an automatic notification email to be sent to them letting them know that the material they are interested in has been posted?
    3. my company is a trading company. it is important that every transaction go thru us. we want people to be able to post their products. but, we have to make sure that all any potential buyer sees is the product details and none of the posters contact info. we would not be in business very long if buyers were able to contact suppliers for future deals and bypass our site all together. can this be done? if so, can it be done without killing all of the interesting features like the google map?

i have more questions. but, these are the most important right now. thanks in advance for your support.

Thanks
    1. The theme purchase doesn't include installation services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who can install and customize the theme for you.

2. This is not a specific feature as such, but the RSS feed allows them to subscribe to all new posts. It would take some customization from there to make a more specific search.. i.e. categories..

3. The contact form in the sidebar of the ads allows interested buyers to contact the seller and therefore complete any sales from there.. The buyer doesn't see the sellers email address unless the seller replies to their email. So, in terms of the ClassiPress side of it, you can certainly moderate your ads to ensure no information is included in the ad..but it's after that stage (once the buyer and seller make contact with each other) you can't control whether or not the seller provides further information.

Thanks
    thanks for the info. a few more...

1. is it possible to make it so that people are unable to email each other?
    2. is there a way to secure data so that hackers cant harm us or our users on the site?
    3. can search engines crawl the data on the site?
    4. is it possible to apply the sites css to this?

Thanks
    any answers on my last questions?

Thanks
    Apologies for the delay, your thread was missed in error.

1. Yes, you could do some minor customization and remove the contact form in the sidebar if you wanted. You'd have to moderator your ad posts to ensure people don't include their email address there though.
    2. This is more about WordPress security, than specific to the theme. You can find a number of tutorials/tips on how to secure a WordPress site if you search Google. In terms of Payment information, this is all redirected via PayPal, so makes use of their security.
    3. & 4. The theme and WordPress itself is well optimized for SEO, but you can create a sitemap or use a sitemap plugin which will help with this as well.

Thanks
    can i use this theme on any server that has wordpress installed? can you recommend a good host? i would like to purchase your theme and get started asap. we currently have a site up. but, it's not working like it should and i need to find another marketplace to replace it.

Thanks
    Yes, this is basically correct. There are a couple of WordPress hosting partners listed on the AppThemes homepage, and if you sign up with either one of them you can actually save 50% off the theme purchase. You can read more about the promo conditions here. I know many of our customers use either BlueHost or Hostgator and have no complaints of the product or service.

Thread Information