Thread: Pull all ads from a category when page is selected

Unregistered

Pull all ads from a category when page is selected

Hi Folks,

Love the script and only have one ? after reading the support here for awhile and getting really good answers to all the others I had.

What I'd like to be able to do is pull all ads from a specific parent category from a custom menu tag on the top Nav bar.

In other words, my top Nav bar in the header would look like this:

Home | All Categories | For Sale | Wanted | Blog | Help | About

I would like to be able to pull all the last 15 "For Sale" ads under that parent or the last 15 "Wanted" ads under that parent, when you click on the menu tab without having to go to the Category menu. Is this doable somehow? Maybe with setting up a page and using a short code or some other way? Just a quicker way to go to the main parent cats I will have.

Also, would that be doable on the home page? Maybe having all the "Latest For Sale" and "Latest Wanted" ads listed in separate blocks instead of just "Latest Ads". In other words can you tweak it to specify all the latest ads in a parent cat instead of just all the latest ads.

Thanks Folks!

Jon

Thanks
    Hi Jon, changes such as this are certainly do-able with some customization of the theme. ClassiPress is not encrypted, so whilst these are not default settings you can make in the ClassiPress admin dashboard, if you have the coding knowledge to do this then you could technically do so if you wish. Thanks.

Thread Information