Thread: Question on custom fields and more :)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Question on custom fields and more :)

1) Can you have different custom fields depending on which high level category the seller chooses first?

For example, if they start filling out the form to add an ad, they might first choose the Car category, and then some custom fields specific to cars would come up (2-door, 4-door, etc) for them to fill out or choose as opposed to if they chose the Dogs category which would have completely different custom fields (Sire, Dam, age, breed) associated with it.

2) Next question involves printing...I looked at a couple different Showcase sites, and when I use the print feature, all I get is the text. Is there a way to make it print the main picture as well?

3) Can a member add/change photo's to their ad after posting it from their edit page? When I looked at the demo I didn't see that option but it may not have been a full view.

4) On my current site, I have paid photo ads, and free ads without photo's. Will I have this ability with this product?

Is there a manual/documentation somewhere that I am just missing that might answer little questions like this?

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Question on custom fields and more :)

1) Currently this option is not available.

2) ClassiPress uses the WP-Print plugin so there might be an option to print images as well.

3) Currently users can't change their photos once they've been submitted. This will hopefully be a feature in the next release.

4) There is no paid for photo ad option. Every ad can include photos.

Thanks for asking good questions. :-)

Thanks

3) Currently users can't change their photos once they've been submitted. This will hopefully be a feature in the next release.
    Can users delete photos and reupload them?

Or can an admin edit photos?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

This whole image thing makes me sad :(

I bought the theme so I could poke around in it even after I knew that users couldn't edit their own images, but I thought for sure that I would be able to as an Admin. Nope.

Also, I thought I could choose more than one category, but the form only seems to allow me to choose one?

I would LOVE to convert my existing classifieds site over to WP/CP, but I'm just not comfortable with such little control over the ads so I will have to wait for a few more features to be added. As far as I can tell there is nothing else like this out there, so with a little more development this will be a total rock star :D Nice work so far!

Thanks

Yes, users can delete & upload new photos on their profile. This uses the "User Photo" plugin which is why it works for profile pictures and not ad pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by lhd333
    Can users delete photos and reupload them?

Or can an admin edit photos?

Thanks

You can update the user images as an admin. On each ad the image urls are in a custom field. All you have to do is upload a new photo via WP and then paste in the url to that image in the "image" custom field. In the next release I hope to have this feature within the user edit ad page.

Yes, you can only assign it to one category but if you went into the WP admin, you could assign more there.

Thanks....ClassiPress is still quite young but has come a long way over the past few months. Updates are free to customers so just wait and see for those features to eventually be added.

Quote Originally Posted by equinemedia
    This whole image thing makes me sad :(

I bought the theme so I could poke around in it even after I knew that users couldn't edit their own images, but I thought for sure that I would be able to as an Admin. Nope.

Also, I thought I could choose more than one category, but the form only seems to allow me to choose one?

I would LOVE to convert my existing classifieds site over to WP/CP, but I'm just not comfortable with such little control over the ads so I will have to wait for a few more features to be added. As far as I can tell there is nothing else like this out there, so with a little more development this will be a total rock star :D Nice work so far!

Thread Information