Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for David?

Thanks

Question for David?

Hello David. Nice theme for WordPress. I filled out the email form a few days ago asking some questions. I was wondering if you had received it? If not let me know and I will try again. I was waiting for some answers before I made my purchase. I am having trouble or should I say I am confused on learning how to setup a PayPal SandBox to test a PayPal Butoon on a website. Do I have to setup a regular account first or does it matter? I just want to make sure I have my PayPal setup correctly before I purchase and go live.

Thanks for any help and let me know if you got my email.

Fred G.

Thanks

Re: Question for David?

Hi Fred-

Yes, I got your email but I've been heads down developing the latest ClassiPress version all day. Just now starting to get caught up on email and it's almost midnight. :-(

Anyhow, I don't believe you need to have a regular paypal account setup before setting up a sandbox account. Once you sign up, you'll need to create a "test account" and then you'll get a funny looking email address like fred_1459495461_per@yahoo.com. You can then login with that and get fake money and make pretend purchases. Just follow the instructions on PayPal's developer site.

Thanks

Thanks David. I appreciate your answer on the PayPal subject. Did you get a chance to answer the other questions on the list that I sent? I would like to know if people can upload video of their product in this version? There were a few other questions but I will await for your reply. I will be most likely purchasing this theme later today. I know you are busy and appreciate you developing such a cool theme. So, I will patiently wait for your response.

Thanks
    Fred G.

Thanks

Fred, can you post your email questions here instead? Then I will be able to reply faster.

Thanks

Sure David no problem. I was wondering what part of the code I would need to change the colors to match the colors of my site? Also, I am assuming that the embedding of videos is that the customer who is posting just adds the embed code correct? If I make a video using camtasia studio and upload to my hosting service I have no embed code so how would I go about embedding a video I make using camtasia studio? Also, if I have trouble setting up a Sandbox Account to test is there any support? I plan on charging for the posting of ads and want to make sure it will be working first. I have never setup a PayPal Account. First time for everything though. What are the best size for images for thumbnails in the description and does the theme automatically resize the image when they post? That is it for now other than after purchase can I contact you by email for support or is the forum the only way?

Thanks

Fred.
    P.S. I guess one more question is if I want to post my own personal items to sell does it cost me to post? If not, how do I post without having to pay myself?

Thanks

Sorry for the multiple post David. I had another question and did not see where I could edit my post. My other question is I know you can add Categories. So, can I add sub-categories for the Main one? Also, when someone from the main site scrolls over the Categories does it have a dropdown menu of the Sub-Categories? Also, are the users(posters) allowed to edit their post after they upload something to sell or a want ad if they forgot to add something in the description?

Thanks Again David,
    Fred G.

Thanks

Hi Fred, thanks for being so patient. It's been a busy week especially with taxes due tomorrow. :twisted:

So let me answer your questions.

• To change the colors to match your site will take some time. There is a .css file with different color codes and images you'd have to potentially have to update as well.

• Embedding videos is easy to do for sites that already host your videos like youtube, google video, metacafe, etc. For Camtasia you'd have to host the video on your own server or potentially upload it through the WordPress admin post video tool. A google search turns up some options too.

• The PayPal sandbox support would be handled more with them. We just enable the feature so you can test transactions using ClassiPress.

• I would first setup a real PayPal account now because it usually takes a while before they approve everything. Then you could set your ad price to $1 and actually pay yourself to test it out. PayPal will take a small fee but then you'll know for sure everything is working.

• The thumbnail images automatically get resized so it doesn't matter what size you use.

• The current version (2.8.2) doesn't support customer editable ads. The next version due out in 1-2 months will.

• The categories are all managed within WordPress just like regular WordPress categories. Easy to create new ones and they automatically appear on your site.

Hope that answers all your questions Fred!

Thanks

Yes David that did answer a lot of my questions. One more is do I just install wordpress to a sub-domain I have and then upload the theme? I am kind of new on that subject. I want it to link from my main site and not have a new domain name for it? Thanks for any help and I will be purchasing later this afternoon central standard time.

Thanks and God Bless
    Fred G.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fred G.
    Yes David that did answer a lot of my questions. One more is do I just install wordpress to a sub-domain I have and then upload the theme? I am kind of new on that subject. I want it to link from my main site and not have a new domain name for it? Thanks for any help and I will be purchasing later this afternoon central standard time.

Thanks and God Bless
    Fred G.
    yes, u can have ur main domain (running as normal blog or site) and sub domain/folder running as classifieds ........

Thanks

SonnyCool is correct. So your site would look something like this:

http://www.fred.com <-- regular site
    http://www.fred.com/ads <-- where you install wordpress and the classipress theme

This is the recommended way if you already have a site running. Makes it so you don't have to rebuild everything from scratch. Also classipress uses wordpress categories and user accounts which I prefer to keep separately from my main blog/website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information