Thread: questions

Jamesfrommars

questions

Hi,

I would like to know if we can add a slider at the top of the jobroller theme (like with the eva child theme for example) by usinf a slider plugin offered by wordpress?

Another question, can we add a block or something like this to display companies logos on the hompage for the companies who want to pay an extra fee to be on the homepage. Is it doable and can it be managed from the admin? (manage payments, logo uploads, etc)

Thanks for your help

James

Thanks
    AppThemes doesn't officially support third party plugins, so whilst there are plugins available which may offer something like a slider, we cannot guarantee that it will definitely be compatible with our themes. It's likely you'd still need to be able to modify some code for it to appear correctly. There is no option for adding logos from within the JobRoller admin dashboard, so this would certainly require customization of the default theme on your part if you were looking to implement this. It's do-able in terms of the theme not being encrypted, so you're free to customize it as you wish. Thanks.

Jamesfrommars
    Thanks for your answer pepsi.

So if I make changes to the css, I won't loose all of them at the nex theme update? (maybe I just have to backup the modified files and restore them in the new update)

Concerning the companies logos on the homepage, I found a website using your jobroller theme that is doing what I want,
    It's on the website www elocriativo com you can see the box named "Links Patrocinados" with 4 little square boxes, it would be nice for me to display companies logos here, is it nativly included in the jobroller theme, or is it another wordpress module?

Maybe I can also use a little slider to display logos, since you told me sliders are likely to work with the theme with some modif.

Thanks for your help
    James

Thanks
    If you make changes directly to the theme files then yes you should expect to lose those modifications in the process of an update (as all theme files are essentially replaced). We'd recommend the use of a child theme, so you may like to check out this documentation with regards to customizations.

The ad spots can be added in the form of a widget - called "125 x125 Ad Space" as shown on the JobRoller admin demo. Thanks.

Jamesfrommars
    fantastic, thanks

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information