Thread: questions about users dashboard and loging in

Victor Nicolas BM

questions about users dashboard and loging in

Hello! I want to purchase the Vantage theme but some questions related to the users dashboard came up and I couldn't find any answers in the web.

First of all I don't understand very well one thing: you say "user dashboard" (in "featured highlights" in the web). Is this "user dashboard" the wordpress dashboard? It would be interesting if this user dashboard was separated from the wordpress one. I would like the user to have his own dashboard and not having to enter the wordpress admin panel to manage his listings and profile data, etc... How does this user dashboard work? I mean, I want to separate the wordpress staff (developers, owners of the site, etc) and the web users (people who register and post their listings) in order to not see the same wordpress dashboard.

Another thing. I couldn't see any "register" button on the demo, or any "log in" button either... How does the user register and then log in? Does it use the wordpress log in page to log in the user in order to see his information, listings, profile, etc?

I couldn't try the pay pal gateway. Is there any chance to see it? At least a non functional one?

Thank you very much for answering!

Thanks
    The user dashboard is not the same as the WordPress admin dashboard. You can get an idea of what it looks like from the Vantage demo site (although the default account does not have any listings posted which is why there is no information listed), but for a user who has posted listings, they will see them displayed in that user dashboard. The sidebar also shows other options available for the user. The information in each user dashboard is visible only to that user who is logged in.

The demo site is a fully functioning version of the theme, however data cannot be saved to it, and you don't see the register or login links because it's already logged in as a default user. The register and login page is themed (not the default WordPress login screen), as per the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awg6wiS.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	5302

As mentioned, the demo site does not save data so whilst you can get an idea of the listing process, you won't go all the way through. The PayPal portion of the process simply redirects them there to complete the transaction and returns you to Vantage afterwards. I hope this information helps. Thanks.

Victor Nicolas BM

Thank you! Just a few questions more...

Thank you very much for your answers! That was what I was lookin for. I have to say I'm almost decided, it's a very very good theme.

Just two more questions...

In order to have favourites I guess people have to register, and then they decide if they want to publish a list or not. Is it right? Or the favourites are "session" favourites and when you close the browser you lose them?

I guess there is only one account, to people who want to publish a list and for people who are just looking for something in the web. Is this correct? Or otherwise, you can have a user account (people who can publish lists) and "other kind of user" account (people who just want to look for something, save some favourites, post reviews, give ratings... etc).

And the last one. You say it's possible to upload PDFs but, where do users have to do it? Using the same box for the images?

Thank you very very much!

Thanks
    No problem, we're happy to clarify any questions you have so that you're sure of what you're buying ;)

By default, users have to register in order to post listings, and if a non-registered site visitor tries to use the "Add to favourites" button, they will receive a message "You must be logged in to add favourites". So these favourites are user-based rather than session based.

There is only one type of user account, and they are able to add listings, or any of the other user functions (give ratings, add favourites etc). Then there are non-registered users who can simply browse the site and view listings.

In Vantage you can create custom listing forms, and if you add the option to upload documents/images then yes it appears similar to the listing images upload fields. Thanks :)

Jae
    Hello! I've some related questions. Does vantage support for social network register/login?
    Thank you.

Thanks
    It's not integrated into the theme, but as per our recommended plugins page, a plugin that should work for this purpose is Social login from OneAll. Thanks.

Thread Information