Thread: Questions - Multiple Categories and more

ARogers

Questions - Multiple Categories and more

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the ClassiPress theme and had a few questions:

1. When placing an ad, can users post items to multiple categories? If this can't be done with the current version, is this something that you've seen done with custom programming? This is a HUGELY important feature that I'm looking for.

2. I'd like for users to be able to add a specific number of ads during a given month using a coupon code. For example have a membership pack that allows them to add 10 ads per month for free using a coupon code. And then I'd like to offer another coupon code for any subsequent months that would allow them to re-list those items (hopefully with a click of a button and little work on their part). If I am using the coupon app is this something that can be done?

3. Can ad listings be presented in a randomized order?

4. Can the ad listing visitor stats be turned off on each ad?

5. Is there a way to add a slider (not the featured ads slider) to the home page? For example using a home page widgetized area?

6. Could I replace the price tag shown on listings to another type of graphic that does not show the price?

7. Is there a way to customize the emails that are sent out to the user? I saw an area to customize the New User email from within the Admin Demo area for ClassiPress, but I didn't see any other emails that could be customized.

Thank you very much for your time.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. This is still not a feature of ClassiPress (admin can add to multiple categories, but users can't), and I haven't personally seen any instances where it has been customized this way. There are a lot of considerations to be made because of the fact the theme uses pricing per category options, but we are looking to implement this into the next Vantage release, so perhaps this may give some ideas as to how we could get this into ClassiPress in future.

2. The membership packs allow an unlimited number of ads, and the coupons are separate, so whilst you can offer a coupon code that can be used for a certain number of times per user, it's not technically tied in with the membership packs themselves.

3. As you can see from the ClassiPress demo site, there are 3 tabs above the listings "Just Listed, Most Popular, & Random". Users can select from these.

4. You could make a modification to the theme to remove this information if you wish, however there is no setting within the admin dashboard to disable it.

5. This would require customization of the default theme on your part, but technically it could be done as there is no encryption which would prevent you from making such changes.

6. Again, this could be achieved through customization.

7. The new user email is configurable from the ClassiPress admin dashboard, but others would need to be modified within the theme files. Thanks.

Thread Information