Thread: questions questions questions but great updates so far

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

questions questions questions but great updates so far

question
    the search classifieds bar can this be a google search function to add more revenue to the site ?

question
    the ad spots that are in the admin
    Header Ad Spot (468x60)
    Single Post Ad Spot (336x280)
    do you manually have to ad the Sponsored Ads section ?

question
    can the classipress be customized to work with
    http://www.press75.com/demos/ondemand/#menu
    so that the featured ads show in the slider bar on a timer
    and if their are no featured ads to show pages like about us, place an ad, customer testimonial or any other pages designated in the admin.
    with the search bar and category navigation below this and the new ads (show only 3,6,12,15,18 set in the admin) show up below.

question
    can a registered user have a rating system stars or feedback on the user
    if they ship or have been sending bad products.

question
    with the purchase of classiPress would I be getting everything exactly like the demo

question
    the contact page
    how about a mailing list option so that for items/catagories that are being watched the registered user can get an email regarding new items for the week

over all have been watching this with great interest to purchase since gaby started this great blend of wordpress and classifieds you have been doing a great job continuing that work to the next level thanks

Thanks

Re: questions questions questions but great updates so far

1. Yes but you'd have to make some changes to the code and setup your Google search separately.
    2. You need to manually paste in the adsense or whatever ad code you plan on using. The sponsored 125x125 ads are included and use a plugin to manage easily.
    3. The slider that site is using would have to be coded into classipress. Of course you can do it but make sure you're familiar with php, html, and javascript before attempting this sort of thing. You could also hire someone to help you.
    4. There is currently no plugin that I'm aware of which rates authors. You can use a plugin to rate their ads, however.
    5. Yes. The demo is the exact same code as what you download. You'll just need to spend some time setting everything up which is clearly explained in the installation guide.
    6. You can setup whatever you want for the contact page. The demo site uses a plugin to automatically create the form.

Thanks. Hope to see you as a customer soon! ;-)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

thanks for getting back to me so soon
    would you be able to take on a project like the one I am asking about if so
    whats the price tag and how long until it gets onto your schedule

ps
    I also noticed that their is no difference between guest and registered user
    would it make any sense to have a user account with registered users ? so that users have a page
    to be able to search for a users profile or am i reading into this too much LOL

Thanks

I currently don't do any consulting work but you can post your project either in the CP Theme Services forum or on a site like elance.com.

Registered users have many more benefits. They get their own profile page, dashboard, and can edit ads. I recommend making user registration mandatory so you also have more control and visibility into your user base.

Thread Information