Thread: Questions : uploaded images ...

Unregistered

Questions : uploaded images ...

uploaded images were added to the media library as seen on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7IIdOwoCHY#t=2m50s .

what happens to the images if a classified ad is expired? is the picture automatically deleted or must this be done by the admin?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You will need to delete them manually.

Unregistered
    is it possible to get a free license of classipress to provide some code for it?

what i want to develop:

1. pictures will be deleted from the media library automatically if the classified ad expires or is cancelled. see answer of dimitri above!
    2. user can delete their classified ads (now its only possible to "pause" them, i think)
    3. add an interface to use BILLPAY (www.billpay.de , popular in germany, austria and switzerland. ) for payment.

Unregistered

Same issue

Hi there,

maybe apart from the billpay gateway I also think these feature would be extremely important. User should be able to delete an Ad and the corresponding images should be deleted automatically (at least this should be an option). You can't expect the admins of classipress sites to keep track of which image can be deleted and which belong to ads that are still running. Simplify. Don’t give your users the **** work.

Are you planning to implement this feature any time soon?

All the best.

Thanks
    I found this idea in the Ideas Exchange forum but at the moment it is not so popular, so i am not sure how soon and if we are going to implement it.

Unregistered
    I see, thanks for your reply. Even though I don't understand how someone who is starting a classified ads website, even a small one, can live without that feature. At the moment you end up with a totally trashed webspace within months.

Thanks
    After discussing this feature further with the developers, they agreed that it should be included in the next version.

is it possible to get a free license of classipress to provide some code for it?

what i want to develop:

1. pictures will be deleted from the media library automatically if the classified ad expires or is cancelled. see answer of dimitri above!
    2. user can delete their classified ads (now its only possible to "pause" them, i think)
    3. add an interface to use BILLPAY (www.billpay.de , popular in germany, austria and switzerland. ) for payment.
    Please send your contact info to partners@appthemes to discuss the creation of the plugin.

Thread Information