Thread: Radius search

Unregistered

Radius search

I'm confused by whether there is a radius search in your themes? I need visitors to be able to filter the search by location. eg zip code / postcode

Does it come preloaded with a database of US zipcodes and/or UK postcodes or would I have to buy and install it myself?

Unregistered
    Alternatively, could "Geo my wp" be a workaround @ http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/geo-my-wp/

Thanks
    Could you please clarify which theme you are referring to? This will allow me to better answer your question. Thanks :)

Unregistered
    Thanks.

The classipress theme.

Unregistered
    In the demo @ http://demos.appthemes.com/?theme=classipress home - auto on the right, under refine results, there's an entry for City or zip/postal code.

Is that preloaded? What about UK postcodes?

If its not part of classipress, how do you add it ?

Is the radius search available on your other themes too?

Thanks
    Thanks for clarifying this further. Yes, the "refine search" functionality is visible on the category view, and there you can determine which fields are used for the search itself (including e.g. state/region). By default there are US states pre-filled, however this can easily be edited from the ClassiPress admin dashboard here by simply replacing those US values with UK specific ones. You can also change the title "State" to whatever is applicable for your country.

The radius search is available in JobRoller on the main homepage under the actual search fields, and it's available in Vantage in the search sidebar here. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Thanks for clarifying this further. Yes, the "refine search" functionality is visible on the category view, and there you can determine which fields are used for the search itself (including e.g. state/region). By default there are US states pre-filled, however this can easily be edited from the ClassiPress admin dashboard here by simply replacing those US values with UK specific ones. You can also change the title "State" to whatever is applicable for your country.

The radius search is available in JobRoller on the main homepage under the actual search fields, and it's available in Vantage in the search sidebar here. Thanks.
    Sorry but I'm still confused. The search filter suggests you can input a postcode and a given radius in classipress yet you mention only a state or county search. Why is it in your demo if its not available?

Also, I asked if it isn't available, how do I add it? I need to know whats involved as I was considering your developer package.

Thanks
    Sorry for the confusion, yes you can certainly search by post code and radius in ClassiPress, and I specifically mentioned the "State" fields just to clarify that these fields can also be modified to suit your location (because many people want to know if they have to have the default US states there).

So in summary, yes this is already a feature of the theme, and you can also see the documentation here relating to how the advanced search is set up in ClassiPress. Thanks.

Thread Information