Thread: RE: Pre-Sale Questions

Ann

RE: Pre-Sale Questions

RE: psd files. What are the benefits of purchasing a theme with psd files vs. a theme without psd files? What does the psd files do? (What I read on various websites about psd files seem to be confusing.) If I purchased only the theme (without the psd files) how different would the functions on my site be than what the demo site shows? Thanks!

Thanks
    The Photoshop .psd files are useful for web designers who wish to redesign the layout of the theme, as they contain all of the layout/color/size information for all of the pages used within the theme. You still need knowledge of .css in order to make use of the files, so if you do not, then you may not find a use for them. You can also always upgrade from standard to developer at a later date if you do need the files. In terms of theme functionality, there is no difference between one without the files and one with as the files are independent of the actual theme. Thanks.

Ann

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    The Photoshop .psd files are useful for web designers who wish to redesign the layout of the theme, as they contain all of the layout/color/size information for all of the pages used within the theme. You still need knowledge of .css in order to make use of the files, so if you do not, then you may not find a use for them. You can also always upgrade from standard to developer at a later date if you do need the files. In terms of theme functionality, there is no difference between one without the files and one with as the files are independent of the actual theme. Thanks.
    Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't find the information within the forum and the information on the various websites were confusing. Your answer was very straight-forward and helpful. Thank you!

Thanks
    You're most welcome, glad it helped to clarify this :)

Thread Information