Thread: Ready to buy but have many pre-sale questions

Unregistered

Ready to buy but have many pre-sale questions

Hi there,

JobRoller looks great. I'm very interested in purchasing it but I do have many questions so here they are:

1. The JobRoller theme has a social networking widget for Twitter. Can I add LinkedIn with this widget also or will I have to do it another way?

2. I understand that updates are free for life...so are you just referring to bug fixes or does that also mean free access to upgrade the latest versions (e.g. V.1.4.1) for life as well?

3. The Apply For Job Forum Function is good however, not all employers will want to use this function. As a result, can I just let the employers post inside the job description ad box a contact email address where applicants can submit their resumes like "Send resumes to hr@jobs.com" instead of having applicants use the "Apply For Job Forum Function"?

4. Will JobRoller ever let job seekers get email alert updates on new job postings?

5. Does JobRoller make it mandatory for employers to list their company name on a job ad or will they have an option whereby they can make it confidential to the public? (e.g. Company Confidential)

6. Do job seekers have the ability to determine what type of employers have access to view their resumes in JobRoller? Resumes are very important pieces of personal information and I don't think everyone should have access to it...especially on the net.

7. You are selling two JobRoller packages. One for $99 and the other I think was for $159. The main difference between both concerns the Photoshop (psd). Since I'm not tech savvy...what exactly is Photoshop (psd) and what does it do in order to make it more expensive and better than the JobRoller package for $99?

I look forward to your answers. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Before I will answer some of your questions, you may check the working demo below so you can test some some of its functions;

Front end: JobRoller
    Admin: Login/Register at JobRoller Admin Demo
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the links. It was very helpful testing out some of the functions. However, I would appreciate if you can please answer my other questions.

Thanks.

Thanks
    For no. 7 The PSD is just template which serves as a guide for web designers in making some redesigns of the theme.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; June 24th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    Ok...1 out of my 7 questions were answered? According to your reply you said you will answer my other questions... If this is the kind of customer service I am going to get if I purchase JobRoller, I'm not impressed at all. Can anyone else who is willing to help interested customers answer my questions...would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
    Here are the other part;

1. No option for Linkedin but it can be done with a plugin.
    2. Yes you have free access to upgrade to the latest versions as stated on the details page Job Board Software | AppThemes.
    3. No default option on this and it may require fairly minor modifications to the code. However, you have to option to disable the "How to Apply" Field through the admin settings.
    4. No default feature on this yet though plugins may already exists for this purpose. There is also an rss feed where users can be updated.
    5. No feature yet but has been requested already for future implementation AppThemes Ideas Exchange.
    6. Like no 5, no feature on this yet and though users have requested for this at the ideas exchange page.

I have mixed up my replies on other posts/inquiries and so it was only no. 7 which I forgot to correct on time.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; June 24th, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Thread Information