Thread: Regional Feature

Unregistered

Regional Feature

Howcome such a good Apptheme is missing Regional feature (Country, State, City and Zip ) for posting and searching?

Also is there AJAX feature in Registration or contact Forms?

Does it comes with Captcha for all kind of forms?

Can I use existing Users database from another Wordpress modules (like RealEstate or Jobs or Events) to this, so that whole site will have one Users database with different themes for different modules.

Thanks
    The enhanced regional search is something that customers have obviously been wanting for some time, and I guess the main reason why it isn't there yet, is because our development team have been working on the best way for this to function. We will see enhancements to this in ClassiPress v3.1 when it is released though, and this includes a radius search.

If you're specifically referring to customers being able to select e.g. Country, then it automatically detects the States/Regions for that country to provide the next dropdown list, then no, this is not currently a feature.

The latest version v3.0.5.1 does have reCaptcha with the registration form. The sidebar contact form has a more basic math question, however you should know that you can also set in the ClassiPress admin options that only registered customers can access the sidebar contact form as well..

Like other WordPress themes, you can definitely look at setting up a shared user database. Obviously some customization is required, but it can be done, and is by existing customers.

Unregistered

Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    The enhanced regional search is something that customers have obviously been wanting for some time, and I guess the main reason why it isn't there yet, is because our development team have been working on the best way for this to function. We will see enhancements to this in ClassiPress v3.1 when it is released though, and this includes a radius search.

If you're specifically referring to customers being able to select e.g. Country, then it automatically detects the States/Regions for that country to provide the next dropdown list, then no, this is not currently a feature.

The latest version v3.0.5.1 does have reCaptcha with the registration form. The sidebar contact form has a more basic math question, however you should know that you can also set in the ClassiPress admin options that only registered customers can access the sidebar contact form as well..

Like other WordPress themes, you can definitely look at setting up a shared user database. Obviously some customization is required, but it can be done, and is by existing customers.

First, thanks for clarifying my points.

Yesterday after posting this question here I checked the demo version, found captcha in some forms. Why you guys have not implemented captcha in all forms. Is there any reson behind it?

I also saw in one of the customer portal about restricting the user to see contact details on the Ad, that is good.

About radius search, I am glad to know that this feature is available in next release. Also good to know that I can use the existing Users profiles for other Wordpress themes.

Are you planning to add the below feature in your future releases? Or if I buy the product and want this feature can you guys help me in setting up?

"If you're specifically referring to customers being able to select e.g. Country, then it automatically detects the States/Regions for that country to provide the next dropdown list, then no, this is not currently a feature."

Thanks.

Thanks
    No problem ;)

I'll have to ask the development team about the reCaptcha question, as I'm not sure why it's only used in the registration form to be honest. I'll post back when I get further information about this.

If you want to learn more about sharing a single user database, there are many results from a Google search on the topic. Here is one such site to get you started...

I haven't heard any mention of dynamic dropdowns definitely being implemented, but I know a few other customers have asked the same thing. If one of our customers posts in the Feature Request section of our forums, and the community shows support for such a feature, then I'm sure our team would look into it for a future release. AppThemes itself doesn't offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire http://appthemes.com/partners

Thread Information