Thread: Request For Expired Ad Deletion

Unregistered

Request For Expired Ad Deletion

Hi,

I've read where ads remain visible after their expiration date but I would really like to ask if there might be a way to have an ad simply not appear once it expires.

I believe it would be more valuable to have these ads go away on their own as it would seem to make ClassiPress just a bit more autonomous and more profitable for the site owner as he / she wouldn't have to go in and prune expired ads... no profit in doing that.

As far as leaving expired ads in place as a SEO bonus... maybe, but I think it's more valuable to have a completely live and up to date site with all ads being active. If seach engines pick up on expired ads on a regular basis, a user's ClassiPress site might become known as a site with expired classifieds. Ever see yard sale signs that are weeks old up on a telephone pole, not a great look.

Even if this meant paying a premium for this feature I'd gladly pay.

With a site that has only a few ads this might not sound like much but if there are a lot of ads, just pruning old ads becomes a part time job. Given that many ClassiPress users would likely need to charge relatively low fees for ad placement, at least until a site is well established, I think making the software "smarter" by taking these old ads out of the public eye would be a terrific move. Again if it meant paying extra for this feature, I'd pay!

Thanks
    John

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    You have the option to prune the ads if you want to.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    I had seen the the term prune used here before but in the demo I saw a lot of expired ads, I made the incorrect assumption on what exactly pruning was. So a pruned ad is no longer visible on the site but can be reactivated by the original person posting.

That's perfect, thanks. I'll be buying as soon as the new version rolls out... really looking forward to it!

John

Thanks
    Yes, the ads will no longer be visible. It is not activated on the demo for the very reason that they will not be displayed when pruned. It will not look good if the demo doesn't have any contents in it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    Great, thanks for all the info on this. I'm looking forward to the upcoming release!

John

Thanks
    We will be expecting you then.

Thread Information