Thread: Restrict number of ads that a seller can post?

tim

Restrict number of ads that a seller can post?

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to restrict the number of listings that a seller can post?

For example, if I wanted to offer a category where a seller can post ads for free, can I restrict that seller to posting 10 listings only?

2. Can I restrict number of listings by membership pack?

For example, if a seller pays for a 'silver membership' for $10, can I set it up so that a silver membership means that seller can post 10 ads?
    Or can I ONLY set it up so that the seller pays for each individual ad?
    (I understand how to set a membership pack up so that a seller gets a discount rate, or a special rate etc)

Thanks
    1. There are no options within the ClassiPress admin dashboard to restrict postings in this way

2. No, there are no specific settings for the number of ads which can be posted under a membership pack in the way you describe.

If you were looking to implement this functionality into ClassiPress it would require customization of the default theme on your part. ClassiPress is not encrypted, so technically it could be done. Thanks.

Tim
    Thanks for your reply.

This would be a problem for me as it seems there's no way of having free ads without leaving it open for people to post hundreds of ads if they wish to.
    Also, it makes it difficult to restrict spammers if you want to set your ads to free. I noticed some spam ads in the Classipress showcase sites.

Are there any Classipress experts here that can quote me on this job before I go ahead and decide to buy Classipress?

Thanks
    This is true, not requiring registration does open your site up to spam (and also does not really allow for ad editing). In terms of free listings though, you can select to moderate these before they are published.

AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. If you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they will be able to provide a quote for the work. Thanks.

Thread Information