Thread: Resume system questions

Thanks

Resume system questions

I've been browsing the Admin Demo for JobRoller and the one section that isn't clear to me is the Resumes. Also because your site demo is focused on employers it's difficult to see how the resume system works for job seekers.

1. How is a resume linked to a user? I read somewhere that a job seeker user can have multiple resumes, but how?

2. There are admin pages "Groups/Specialities" and "Spoken Languages". These criteria aren't relevant to my users, can I add different criteria and admin pages/sections for them?

3. Where can I see or download the job seeker's resume in Word/PDF format?

4. Can a user select multiple categories for their resume?

5. How sophisticated is the resume search? boolean searching? Does it search Word / PDF resume files?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. Job seekers are provided with an account panel that includes an option to fill a form for their resumes. Yes, job seekers can create multiple resumes.
    2. No admin option on this yet and will require additional coding to implement.
    3. Job seekers resumes are not downloadable but they can be viewed through the "Browse Resume" section by the Employers.
    4. Job seekers cannot select multiple categories for the resume submission.
    5. The resume search uses predefined filters such as job category, job type, spoken language and etc.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks, so where do the resumes go when they are uploaded by the job seekers?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the search includes word docs and PDF files? What about their profile text?

Hamza

Thread Information