Thread: Schedule for update to Responsive, Multi-language (WPML) support

Shane Coughlan

Schedule for update to Responsive, Multi-language (WPML) support

On the overview page for each theme it states that you are in the process of updating every theme to be Responsive, and that customers can have peace of mind regarding this future development. However, the Theme Release Status Page (http://appthemes.com/releases/) does not actually contain any information on this. Are you still on-track for Q1 releases across the board?

Secondly, being based in Japan we need to roll out websites in English, Japanese and potentially Korean and Chinese. Do your themes work with WPML? There are several suggested links regarding this on your forums, but each one dealing with a specific theme like JobRoller, Classipress, Vantage or Ideas seems to be limited to forums which require a subscription.

Thanks
    Yes, the responsive design is still planned for the next major releases of our themes - specifically for Vantage (v1.2), ClassiPress (v3.3) and JobRoller (v1.7) initially. Then others to follow.

AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins so unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the WPML plugin will work correctly "out of the box" with any of our themes. We have spent some time working with the developers of the plugin in order to try and resolve this, but there were still some issues with functionality which were not fully resolved. Thanks.

Shane Coughlan

Thank you, and last point expansion

Pepsi, thank you so much for clarification on the responsive design roll-out. It's a very exciting development and it puts your technology at the top of my short list.

Regarding WPML, you said "We have spent some time working with the developers of the plugin in order to try and resolve this, but there were still some issues with functionality which were not fully resolved."

Can your team help me to understand whether these are red line issues, or something that can be realistically contracted out to one of your support partners for fixing, or done on our end? The "some issues with functionality which were not fully resolved" is too vague for us to bet this project on. We will take a serious hit if it goes South.

It would be really useful to know what the issues were, so we could make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance, and for the excellent support speed you have already demonstrated.

Thanks
    I've gone back through some of my previous correspondence with the developers who tested their plugin with our themes, and the specific information we had about the "issues" varied from theme to theme. In summary though, they reported that basic WordPress functionality appeared to work fine with the plugin and theme, however their plugin did not support the specific custom post types and taxonomies which our themes all use, amongst other minor issues reported relating to display of the footer. I hope this additional information is of some use. Thanks :)

Shane Coughlan

Thank you

Thanks Pepsi. That's useful to know. I will search for help via WPML and (if needed) via a contractor to see if they could ensure customisations that work in our use-case.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information