Thread: Search add cities and states

Unregistered

Search add cities and states

Is the classi press support search with cities and states? Per previous thread 3.1 supports it. I want to confirm if it does already before i buy the software. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 3,273 Posts
    Yes, you can setup the advanced search to include filters for states and or cities.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered

I cant see it in your demo

I was trying to check out how i can include city and state search on your categories on the Home page but I cant find it on your demo admin or user. I saw the advance on setting but it doesnt show I can add citites and state. Can you please show me where that is? Or if that is doable. Thanks.

Unregistered

city search on home page

I know they are working on a new search, I too am waiting to purchase and would like to see a place on the home page where the user could set a city, or area to search. At one point you could perform a search and then adjust the results by city which I did not like, but it would be much better on the home page or just built into all searches as an option. Todd

Thanks
    There is premium plugin to achieve very complex searches on your site based in ClassiPress --> ADVANCED SEARCH FOR CLASSIPRESS HERE
    … so you better buy your own ClassiPress copy ASAP ;)

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Unregistered

other search filters

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Yes, you can setup the advanced search to include filters for states and or cities.
    Besides for cities and states when a user select a state then the closest city they are near I would want another filter that would select a product or service within that city or state. I would have admin rights to add a company and enter them into a state, city or All which would mean it would appear no matter what state, city. is selected Also a zip code window that would allow the user to enter their zip code and a list of miles 50, 100, 200, 500, 500+ and all the companies that provide a product or service that has joined my site within that mileage selected would appear.

Thread Information