Thread: Search by city state

Char J

Search by city state

Sorry lotta questions OK. I am so excited to have found out about this site!

Hi I am interested in knowing if search by city and state is available for clipper which will also show a map like in the directory you offer as our site is to help local business but is a national site. So the consumer can search the area they live in.

Also am I understanding correctly you have to purchase the regular clipper and koupon whether I just want Koupon.

It also states you can use word press free, but I don't want WordPress logos so how does that work?

Is there a log on for consumers or just the business we would like to get the email addresses of all people who come to the site.

Char J

Ftp

Sorry had another important question, do I have to use a FTP software to use Clipper/Koupon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Char J View Post
    Hi I am interested in knowing if search by city and state is available for clipper which will also show a map like in the directory you offer as our site is to help local business but is a national site. So the consumer can search the area they live in.
    Clipper is not set up to include location information as described, so this would require customization on your part if you were looking to add this functionality. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to modify them if you wish.

Also am I understanding correctly you have to purchase the regular clipper and koupon whether I just want Koupon.
    To clarify, Koupon is a Clipper child theme, so it means that you need an instance of Clipper installed otherwise it will not function - it cannot be used on its own. Clipper itself can be used without the use of a child theme though.

It also states you can use word press free, but I don't want WordPress logos so how does that work?
    WordPress is free to download and use, and you don't need to use any WordPress logos. You may also wish to read this for clarification regarding the type of WordPress installation you can use.

Is there a log on for consumers or just the business we would like to get the email addresses of all people who come to the site.
    Clipper uses the native WordPress user functionality, so all user information is recorded within the WordPress admin dashboard for the theme (so you will have their email address from when they register on the site, not necessarily all visitors)

Sorry had another important question, do I have to use a FTP software to use Clipper/Koupon.
    Your hosting provider should provide a control panel in which you can manage your installations. Thanks.

Char J

Not Really Clear

OK Thanks for the information but now I am a little more confused. Which World press works best with App Themes downloading and finding a host or allowing WordPress to host? Sorry confused and I don't want to make a mistake.

Additional questions OK

If I purchased vantage @ color as a skin/child does the map, and near me come with it as in the demo? If yes regarding the map is it a Geo display assistance map. Also is there a way to add coupons pages to it that will show like it does in clipper?

Also just for clarification on purchasing, if I purchased clipper as a single user, it would cost me $29.00 a year to renew? What is the life time licence for and what does that mean?
    Sorry newby :)

When you purchase a child theme is it the producer of the theme who helps with problems or regular support? I am asking because I saw a post in the reviews where a person purchased a theme with no assistance claiming its been two weeks. Kindly note, I am not pushing forward her issue just a little worried that if something goes wrong after the purchase i would be stuck with a non-functioning site. So in that regard please tell me how issues are handled as I can't log in nor can I see the helpful answers that are given in the forum.

I am so excited to get started on our site but need to understand how issue are handled via support as well as defective issues since there is a no refund policy. Kindly advise and thanks for all your help :)

Char J

Ftp

Sorry FTP again, my question about FTP is it needed or a choice? Just for clarity because when reading about insulation of products it can be opened in word press OR FTP is that correct. I really need to understand this part cause I really don't like FTP and I get a headache thinking about using it :). I will if I have to but if not YES!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Char J View Post
    OK Thanks for the information but now I am a little more confused. Which World press works best with App Themes downloading and finding a host or allowing WordPress to host? Sorry confused and I don't want to make a mistake.
    You need your own hosting account, rather than one of the free WordPress.com blogs (on which you cannot install themes such as ours, this is explained in more detail here. There are recommended hosting providers you can use, which could also save you money on your theme purchase, and more of this is explained here.

If I purchased vantage @ color as a skin/child does the map, and near me come with it as in the demo? If yes regarding the map is it a Geo display assistance map. Also is there a way to add coupons pages to it that will show like it does in clipper?
    If you go to the AppThemes demo site and select Vantage, you'll see that there are 8 color options. These all come with the theme by default and you can select the one you want to use from the admin dashboard. The large map which appears on the homepage is also part of the theme, and is an optional widget. Vantage does not include coupons as described, that would require customization on your part.

Also just for clarification on purchasing, if I purchased clipper as a single user, it would cost me $29.00 a year to renew? What is the life time licence for and what does that mean?
    A single theme license is $99 which includes a lifetime license to use the theme, and 12 months of theme updates and support. Once that 12 months has expired, it will cost $29 to renew the subscription so you'll be able to continue to have access to theme updates and support. The lifetime license is for use of the theme, but does not include the subscription.

When you purchase a child theme is it the producer of the theme who helps with problems or regular support? I am asking because I saw a post in the reviews where a person purchased a theme with no assistance claiming its been two weeks. Kindly note, I am not pushing forward her issue just a little worried that if something goes wrong after the purchase i would be stuck with a non-functioning site. So in that regard please tell me how issues are handled as I can't log in nor can I see the helpful answers that are given in the forum.
    Support is provided by the developer of the product in question, so if it's not AppThemes who created the child theme you purchase, then support is provided directly by the child theme developer. Many of the products in the AppThemes marketplace are created by other developers, and you can view who that is in the right-hand sidebar of each product page.

Sorry FTP again, my question about FTP is it needed or a choice? Just for clarity because when reading about insulation of products it can be opened in word press OR FTP is that correct. I really need to understand this part cause I really don't like FTP and I get a headache thinking about using it :). I will if I have to but if not YES!
    Yes you can install the theme via WordPress, so you don't necessarily have to use FTP. Thanks.

Char J

Thanks!

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information