Thread: Setting up

Unregistered

Setting up

Ok! I currently run a facebook group & page for locals to sell their items. I came across this classipress and it really looks like something I want to set up as an alternative to facebook. I currently have over 2000 members on the group. How exactly do I go about setting this up?
    Do I create an account on Wordpress then purchase this?

Or is there more that I need to do?

I'm sorry not really sure what I should be asking, lol. Just want to know how 'easy' it is. I do have a little knowledge in web design (self taught)

Thanks
    ClassiPress (like all of our themes) requires an instance of WordPress to be installed in order to work. Please note that this will not work on a free WordPress.com account because you can't upload custom themes to them, i.e. they only allow you to select from a list of pre-determined themes.

So, in order to use ClassiPress you need to set up a hosting account with a hosting provider of your choice (one that can run WordPress). You may wish to note that we offer a theme discount if you sign up with one of our WordPress Hosting partners. Then you would purchase the theme and install it. You do not need to be a programmer in order to use WordPress or our themes, but being able to follow instructions is useful ;) To get an idea of what is involved, you can view the theme documentation here. Thanks.

Unregistered

Thanks

Thanks! That really doesn't sound difficult at all. That was one question I had as far as which wordpress did I need to sign up with, lol

Thanks
    Glad to hear it ;)

Thread Information