Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Several questions

Unregistered

Several questions

Please let me know if the following can be done with this theme:

1. Is it possible to have a setup of a business directory, like city/state/zip search like phpMyDirectory - Web Portal, Business Directory, Classifieds, Link Indexing has.

2. Is it possible to allow users to not only post ads, but to contribute blog posts?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    1. Yes it is possible but may need some form of modification depending upon your requirements. If you could wait, there is a theme designed specifically for directory that is soon to be released. It is called Vantage.

2. Yes, you can do blog posts apart from the ads post.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    well this is really nice if we can post blogs as well :)
    http://imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Unregistered

Vantage.

Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    1. Yes it is possible but may need some form of modification depending upon your requirements. If you could wait, there is a theme designed specifically for directory that is soon to be released. It is called Vantage.

2. Yes, you can do blog posts apart from the ads post.
    How soon will it be before Vantage will be released.

Thanks
    No specific date yet but you can check the Theme Release status page WordPress Theme Release Status | AppThemes for some updates.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Unregistered
    I did not see in the demo the ability for users to make posts?

Also is there an estimated timeframe for the vantage theme?

Thanks
    The development team has not issued a timeframe yet but you may just check the release page from time to time to get updated. If you are really in a hurry you can just use Classipress though it may require some customization to fully implement your requirements.

Unregistered
    What about my question in regards to users posting posts. I did not see that in the demo

Thanks
    By default no front end option for users to submit posts though it can done through the admin. However, there is a plugin that can do just that which has been used by some of the users WordPress › uCan Post « WordPress Plugins .

Unregistered
    I appreciate the response. Now I need to figure out if I should spend a ton of money customizing classipress or wait for the vantage theme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information