Thread: single niche or multi city

weta

single niche or multi city

Hi again,

Im stuck with a choice between Vantage and Geotheme ... I will be making a number of websites, one site for instance will focus on a single niche in one city (eg: best steak houses) and another site will focus on a number of cities with all their variety of attractions (eg: restaurants, parks, attractions, sporting etc)

I believe Vantage is the best for a single niche within a city, and Geotheme is best for multi city with multi attractions?

So my question is, is Vantage suitable for both these situations, or perhaps I will need to purchase both?

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks

Thanks
    Vantage doesn't have the multi city capability built into it as such (although you can still use a single installation for multiple locations), however existing customers have come up with other methods to achieve a similar setup (where each city has its own instance), making use of WordPress multisite, and giving each city its own subdomain: e.g.

location1.yourdomain.com
    location2.yourdomain.com
    location3.yourdomain.com

And a custom landing page which allows users to select their location first. Thanks.

weta

single niche or multi city

thanks Pepsi,

I will buy vantage first for my single niche websites and get to know the ins and outs of the theme, and then decide if i need to also purchase Geotheme for the more complex sites

Thanks
    You're welcome, that's a good idea :)

sheridan69

thatīs a good idea?

of course a lot of things are a good idea Pepsi but I think backlinking a theme like geotheme is a real good try to make a effort to try to be as good as you guys :-) -
    i mean it was a good try but GEO has to first make a lot of homework to get the job done like your themes - I went to there site and thougt omg what is this ? so thanks for backlinking this product but this is like ok - and I am gone - you know those sites :-)
    Pepsi we need a FILTER for BAD backlinks :-)
    yeah greets
    Sheridan

Thread Information