Thread: Some questions

GameViewPoint

Some questions

Vantage looks great, but I have a few questions.

1) Is the demo version what you get when you pay $99? or are there extra plug in's in the demo which you have to pay extra for?

2) I don't quite get how the charging for listings work in the admin. How do I set it up so that I can have a basic free listing option and 1 or 2 paid for listing options? would that mean you tick "yes" for charge for listings option, or you uncheck it ?

3) In the demo, clicking the "add business" button takes you to the form for a listing, but where do people select what package they want? does that happen when you click "next" ?

4) How can I change the text on the "add business" button to something else?

5) Is there some kind of rotation on what listings are featured, or if someone pays continiously then there listing will be the one featured all the time?

6) Is there a way of not accepting a paid for listing? is that what the moderate option is for? if paid listings are moderated, at what point is the payment paid? or is something refunded?

7) This theme is not responsive? it seems to shrink down a little when you make the browser window smaller, but doesn't perfectly fit a mobile screen.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) The demo site includes all features built into the theme and does not include any plugins or extras, so yes, that is what you get when you buy the theme (apart from demo listings and categories of course) ;)

2) In order to allow both free and paid for listings, you would create "plans" for the various types, related to categories. In the plan settings, you can determine the price and duration of a listing, as well as whether or not the listing is featured. You can see this specific page in the Vantage admin demo. If you want to charge for listings (whether or not you have free options), then you would select "Yes" to charge for listings as this will allow the payment gateway step of the process.

3) The payment option is in the last step of the listing process.

4) Changing the text of the button would require some minor modification to the default theme code.

5) Featured listings appear in the order by which they were posted. Essentially if someone pays to relist a listing then it should appear as a new listing.

6) Moderation can still be in place even if a listing has been paid for, by that time though, yes the customer will have already paid for the listing.

7) Vantage is not currently responsive, however this is a planned change for version 1.2 of Vantage, with the estimated release date indicated on our theme release status page. Thanks.

Thread Information