Thread: Some Questions Before Buying!

Jonas

Some Questions Before Buying!

I have some queries with regard JobRoller.

1, Is it an installation of jobroller on my existing Wordpress or do I install it on a new and empty WordPress with everything jobroller contains. This question is quite important to me since I feel that I have no desire to build something from scratch again and modify and adjust things that already exist.

2, Is jobroller compatible with more themes, or is it just those that come with the purchase?

3, I have seen some answers in the forum with "No feature on this yet but it Can Be Implemented through custom coding." If possible, do you answer with what code you should have or do you choose just to answer that? Why I ask is because I have a theme as the guy who done it helps to ease code issues if it is something you want to view on their website. It 's been helpful and professional. It is a very important issue to me that you are willing to help with such questions only to care for its customers even though it might not be the primary job.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    1. You may use your existing Wordpress install as Jobroller uses custom post types for the jobs listing and so it won't conflict with your existing blog posts. However, it is recommended to backup your database first before installing Jobroller just to be safe.

2. As a theme, you can only use Jobroller at a time and yes only the theme is included in the purchase. However there are commercial child themes that you may use if you intend to have a different look of the theme.

3. Please take note that official support only covers the default theme configuration while code customization for features that are not yet on the theme is community supported. It just reiterates that any additional function or feature that are not yet on the current theme version is possible through code customization. The theme is not encrypted and so it can be modified according to your requirements. Implementation is just dependent upon your coding skills or you can avail the services of an experienced coder to do it for you. Likewise, Appthemes have certified community partners http://www.appthemes.com/partners/ that can be contacted for customization jobs.

Also, Appthemes have set up a voting system for certain features of which the implementation is dependent upon the numbers of users requesting for it at the Ideas Exchange page http://ideas.appthemes.com/jobroller/.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information