Thread: Some Questions Before Buying

Unregistered

Some Questions Before Buying

Please,

My site, at first, will focus on trade and not on purchases.

Accordingly, I would like that the search mode for my site was for something specific and not something for something generic (advanced search instead of searching manually over the ad categories)

It is possible to do this kind of conversion from standard ClassiPress, keeping its functionality?

Some changes I would make:
    1) Is it possible to remove all prices, comments and tags from the site?
    2) Is it possible to remove page the ad category from the user's view ?
    3) Can I place "the Search" "Advanced Search" as unique options?
    4) Is it possible that the "Featured Listings" show only the items in the user's area?
    5) Is it possible to make all this changes and keep it pretty? :)

Thanks.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) You can disable comments from the WordPress admin dashboard, and create custom ad forms which do not have the price or tag fields. Removing the actual price tag image will require some minor code modification on your part, but yes it can be done.

2) You can select the "standard view" option for the theme which means the "Ad categories" box will not display on the front page, and custom menus to hide other pages.

3) By default, the advanced search functionality is only visible from the category page view, so this would require customization.

4) Again, this would require customization as there is no setting for it in the ClassiPress admin dashboard.

5) Certainly, yes. ClassiPress is not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications as you wish, and provided you have the coding knowledge to make the required changes which are not able to be configured from the admin dashboard, you can make it look as pretty as you like ;)

Thanks.

Thread Information