Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam, Scammers, Version 3, Backups & More

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Spam, Scammers, Version 3, Backups & More

Hello everyone. I am new to ClassiPress and I'm thinking of purchasing ClassiPress, but I have some questions?

1. Who created ClassiPress and is that person, team or company reliable? I don't want to purchase ClassiPress and then create a popular website with thousands of members without good support (just in case something happens to my website I know ClassiPress can provide good technical supoport).

2. Before I buy, is a new version of ClassiPress coming out very soon? Maybe a version 3 is almost done? I just don't want to build, customize, put in all this energy, when there's a new version right around the corner with new features. I would rather wait for the new ClassiPress to be realeased.

3. What tools does ClassiPress have in place to deal with scammers and spammers? ClassiPress customers, what tools did you implement to stop spam and hopefully stop people from scamming users on your website?

4. How easy is it to back up all of my files if I purchase ClassiPress? Is it just like a regular self-hosted wordpress backup? I would probably do a weekly backup.

5. Will ClassiPress have more templates being offered besides the already included templates? I hope more templates are being created that are somewhat unique.

Thank You For Your Time
    :D

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Spam, Scammers, Version 3, Backups & More

Ok, I found this thread post by the owner who I think is David viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1179#p4982

David, if you are the owner, continue working on version 3. I know this is a lot of work, so I'll be patient and I completely understand that you can't answer any questions now, especially knowing that you're a one man show. From the pictures, version 3 seems like it's worth waiting for.

From what I can see, it's a good chance that I'll be purchasing version 3.

Keep Up The Great Work!

Thanks

Yes, I'm the owner. I'm still working on v3.0 which will be released by the end of the year. Lots of new enhancements and features going into this release which is why it's taking so long to build. Hang tight....it'll be worth it!

There are plenty of plugins out there to help fight comment spam and automate backups of your site.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

So maybe you should change your other promise from the end of October to the end of the year. I feel kind of pisst now actually. I really wanted to have it in the end of october and as the speaker before me i don't want waste lots of time making a site and then change everything one more time when if 3.0 comes with a total new rebuild.

When 3.0 come if it comes in the end of year will be be able to

Import the older version?

Import category?

Import the posts, settings and so on?

This questions need an answer...

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Hi David,

We are all impatient about new version. So could you give us a real date for the version 3.0.

Im looking for upgrade 2.7 >>> 3.0 but i need a date because i must rebuild all.

Could you send us some picture (in real size) about theme design for anticipat the migration?
    Could you send us po-mo for translate , and po-mo about plugin (they need to be translate too??)

Thanks for your great jobs!!!

Thanks

David,

I know you are really busy but iv kept things on hold hoping for an end of November or early December release. From what you say Im figuring it to be end of December???? Or can we have it earlier.

Thanks

Guys-

Thanks for the questions. Development on 3.0 is taking longer than expected so I apologize. Rebuilding the entire theme is a lot more work than I expected as well as adding new features and fixing bugs. Realistically it will be released towards the end of December if not early next year. I plan on sending out an email to all existing customers soon.

Upgrading form 2.9.2 to 3.0 will not be too difficult. The structure pretty much stays the same so all you will need to do is run a script to update your db and activate the theme. There will be no need to migrate categories or posts since you'll still be using the same wordpress instance.

The wait will be worth it though. Lots of great new features and a brand new design. Details to come later.

~David

Quote Originally Posted by thesyndicate
    So maybe you should change your other promise from the end of October to the end of the year. I feel kind of pisst now actually. I really wanted to have it in the end of october and as the speaker before me i don't want waste lots of time making a site and then change everything one more time when if 3.0 comes with a total new rebuild.

When 3.0 come if it comes in the end of year will be be able to

Import the older version?

Import category?

Import the posts, settings and so on?

This questions need an answer...

Thanks

The .mo & .po files won't be ready until 3.0 is completed. You have to generate it after all the coding is done otherwise it won't work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by reyvax
    Hi David,

We are all impatient about new version. So could you give us a real date for the version 3.0.

Im looking for upgrade 2.7 >>> 3.0 but i need a date because i must rebuild all.

Could you send us some picture (in real size) about theme design for anticipat the migration?
    Could you send us po-mo for translate , and po-mo about plugin (they need to be translate too??)

Thanks for your great jobs!!!

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

So the Category will still be the same no news on the CITY or country and Category, if i want diffrent cities i still have to create one Category for each city in the new version?

I mean i will do it but it will be funny if in version 3.0 i dont need to....

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi David,

Is it safe to apply a newly designed CSS style to the default design (no structural/layout changes) on version 2.9.3 or do you advise me to wait for the release of version 3.0 before implementing any design changes? The site is still new and hasn't been launched yet.

Cheers,

Zed

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill

Upgrading form 2.9.2 to 3.0 will not be too difficult. The structure pretty much stays the same so all you will need to do is run a script to update your db and activate the theme. There will be no need to migrate categories or posts since you'll still be using the same wordpress instance.

The wait will be worth it though. Lots of great new features and a brand new design. Details to come later.

~David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information