Thread: SSL NECESSARY??? .... & Flannel vs ClassiPress

Thanks

SSL NECESSARY??? .... & Flannel vs ClassiPress

I am about to purchase the classifieds theme with Hostgator Hosting. Is an SSL certificate necessary or cause more problems to the site? I've seen some post of others having errors when an SSL certificate is involved, so I want reassurance that it will work fine if someone is attempting to pay for a classifieds listing.

Also what is the difference between Flannel and ClassiPress? Can I change the colors easily in Flannel? I am flipping back and forth between using ClassiPress for a real estate site or just buying ClassiEstate. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    SSL is not necessary as the customer is redirected to the payment gateway during the payment process, it is not handled within the theme.

Flannel is a child theme of ClassiPress, so you actually require a copy of ClassiPress in order to use Flannel (as you would with any other child theme). You can find more explanation about child themes here. Thanks.

Thanks
    Hi Pepsi! Thank you for the reply. So with hostgator, I guess I won't need their higher shared hosting plan which includes an SSL certificate and a toll free number. Do you guys have a specific hosting plan recommendation for a medium database user using Classipress? (over 5000 listings)

Also, I want to create a squeeze page with a question/answer format that collects visitors email addresses and redirects them to the appropriate page on classipress based on the answers they provide in the squeeze page. Is this possible or should I get a plugin from somewhere to do this?

Thanks
    Sorry for the multiple questions....one more:

Can classipress/classiestate be combine with thesis?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tking View Post
    Hi Pepsi! Thank you for the reply. So with hostgator, I guess I won't need their higher shared hosting plan which includes an SSL certificate and a toll free number. Do you guys have a specific hosting plan recommendation for a medium database user using Classipress? (over 5000 listings)

Also, I want to create a squeeze page with a question/answer format that collects visitors email addresses and redirects them to the appropriate page on classipress based on the answers they provide in the squeeze page. Is this possible or should I get a plugin from somewhere to do this?
    We don't have a specific hosting plan recommendations, but as it's relatively easy to upgrade if you need to, you don't necessarily need to start off with a larger plan initially.

I'm not aware of any specific plugins which could be used for the squeeze page (at least, no mention of anything like this in the forums), so if not, this would require customization of the default theme on your part if you were looking to implement such functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by tking View Post
    Sorry for the multiple questions....one more:

Can classipress/classiestate be combine with thesis?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "combine", but our products are designed as stand alone themes, so other than using a child theme with ClassiPress for example, you couldn't then integrate another theme on top of that. Thanks.

Thread Information